The Unintentional System (an unplanned series of events)

wetowne

It's like this. 35 years ago I wrapped up my Heresys that I bought new in 1977 and put them way in the back of a closet and there they sat...until 15 months ago. On a whim I dragged them out, cleaned them up, hooked them up to a small tube amp with a Chromecast audio and wow, I was smitten. Gradually over the course of a year I improved things by experimenting with better streamers and dacs,  a better amp and then last month, the ultimate upgrade, I replaced the old girls with a nice new set of Heresy III SE speakers. I really had no intention of building a second system and here I am. The final configuration you see here. My main system downstairs isn't getting a lot of use these days. I think I'm done for awhile but we shall see.

IMG_2307.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, willland said:

Is it the Ebony finish or the matte black?

Bill

It's matte black. I believe this special edition run was the only way to get matte black. The grills are unique too being platinum with the script logo at the top. Makes them look a little like IV's.

• Like 1

I like the story of pulling them out of the closet!

I used to buy things (tube amps, pre's....) and would put them into the closet under the stairs for several weeks.

Then, I could pull them out, wife would say "where did THAT come from???" and I could  honestly say "Meh....  it was in the closet downstairs with the rest of the stuff"

I acted as though I've had them for years, and she carried on as though she believed me.

Hope you enjoy them!  Personally I've owned 1981 Heresy Is, 1990 Heresy IIs and 2019 Heresy IIIs and found that I liked the 1981 Heresys the best, by a significant margin.  To my ears the midrange in the 1981 Heresys just sounded much more dynamic and realistic.