Eight Months of work...Finally!!!

NOZ

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott and mOOn,

Thanks for the compliments. I sounds great now, especially the bass. It was soooo much work, but well worth it. The worst part is re-hooking everything up.

The only thing I didn't think of was to put a power outlet above the projector. I'll do that a little later.

Sean

Your room looks great Noz. I'd like to watch LotR's or AotC's there some time. Where did you get your SVS sign from? Didn't you have your subs on top of your LaScalas before the carpet went in? What happened with that arrangement? I want a projector one of these days. Just waiting until I find the right one. I'd like a Runco but the $20,000 price tag has me a little nervous.

Take care

Rick

Hi Rick,

I got the SVS sign from SVS. It was a little pricy though. Bloody UPS carged me a $35 handling fee. I didn't expect that.

I'm just trying them on the floor for a bit, then I'll try them back on top of the La Scalas and see which way I like it better now that the carpet is in. The carpet completely changed the rooms sound (for the better, as expected).

As for the Runco, over priced.IMO

Cheers

Sean

Noz

Congrats on the HT. Looks great.

I see you took your SVS's off the LAS. Just curious on how that all turned out.

I like how you attached your projector under a shelf, good idea. I also use a home made projector mount. The MFG's mount (pipe and ball swivel) was way too expensive and required more room than I wanted to use, plus it hung down too low for the recomended mounting dimentions.

Mine looks kind of like moons, except he put in two plates to make adjustments. Excelent idea - Moon, I think I forgot to complement you on this when you posted your pics, but I was impressed!

You got to love these new low cost DLP projectors and a big screen. Our Family and friends are getting a lot of use of mine. Today, I am having people over to watch the Packers / Vikings game. Got to love Brett (GO PACK)!!!

JM

Thanks JM,

I'm going to leave the SVS on the floor for a while to see how I like it. If they don't cause a problem for blowing the edges of the screen, I'll probably leave them there. I havn't watched an extreem bass scenes yet at high levels, but if I notice any waves in the screen from the air coming out of the SVS, back on top of the La Scalas they will be.

The projector mount cost me about $12. Thank god, I've got engineering in my back ground. So simple, I can take the whole shelf out in about 5 seconds, for cleaning, maintinence etc..Then, clip it right back in where it was.

Cheers

Sean

Oh JM,

I know what you mean, the cost of the projectors is coming down like crazy, I got mine for $2400 U.S. brand new in the box.

If I had gotten a regular wall screen, that would have been only $250 U.S.

But, nooo, I had to have the motorized one for $2800 Canadian.

Anyways, if anyone is looking to buy a big screen TV, I suggest they look at this route as well.

As infocus says "YOU MEASURE YOUR BIG SCREEN IN INCHES, HOW CUTE"

----------------

On 11/17/2002 7:59:13 AM j-malotky wrote:

Mine looks kind of like moons, except he put in two plates to make adjustments. Excelent idea - Moon, I think I forgot to complement you on this when you posted your pics, but I was impressed!

JM

----------------

Hey, thanks JM, it's cheezy, it's ugly, but it works9.gif