How Old are these Heresy 1

ErnsterO

I recently acquired these Heresey off of Facebook Market for free, so I'm completely new to the Klipsch family. I was told they belonged to the father (original buyer) & passed to his son (who gave them to me), now me. I've taken the time to clean them up and of course listen to them. I am enthralled by the fast response, & efficiency of these speakers. They are replacing some B&W DM2000 that where also gifted to me. As far as the finish goes it looks to be original cabinets & grills but the stickers are nearly all gone on the back. The finish almost appears to be oak, definitely not walnut? The serial #'s are stamped into the wood along the top & are sequential 172y240, 172y241. Thanks for any insight in advance. CheersFree Klipsch Heresy I just picked up. https://imgur.com/gallery/gCPkjim

IMG-20200416-WA0000.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks  for the greetings as well as the information about this particular pair I have. I must say I am impressed by how good these 37 year old speaker sound however many people are mentioning the crite mod? I looked it up and seems a bit spendy, I suppose if I'm content with the sound of them I shouldn't bother, but I am curious how much of an improvement it can make? Cheers

• Like 1

I actually have the badges one fell off and the other is still attached to the cane screen. I just think those screens aren't the best looking so I left them off. One of the screens was held on with only velcro and the other had 4 brass screws, one in each corner & I thought those where added afterwards. Are you saying originally they both had screws?  In the original post Pic you can see the screws in the corners. Also I need to repair one of the screens has been pryed off and broken so long ago that the duct tape used to repair is now brittle and coming off. I will check the caps for leaks and not worry about it if they aren't leaking. Thanks for the info. 

Edited by ErnsterO
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ErnsterO said:

Thanks  for the greetings as well as the information about this particular pair I have. I must say I am impressed by how good these 37 year old speaker sound however many people are mentioning the crite mod? I looked it up and seems a bit spendy

Before even entertaining that idea, find out if previous owner had the crossovers updated.  If not, then keep enjoying them until you decide to have it done.  If the crossovers are old and tired, then a recap will bring them back to life.

Bill