Cornwall IV vs. CornScala Type D

• 1 year later...

It's hard to answer really. You can make a fantastic Cornscala just like you can make a pretty lousy one. Cabinet construction, crossover (including with parts you will choose), drivers, everything down to the smallest detail will have tremendous impact on the final result. It's probably possible to make a Cornscala that surpasses a Cornwall IV if you are gifted and know exactly what you are doing.

On the other hand, I've spent a whole afternoon with CWIV, and they are easily one of the best speakers I've heard ever since I got interested in the hobby 25 years ago. and I've heard MANY! Really a fantastic loudspeaker and, dare I say it, a tremendous deal at the price compared to the competition.

11 hours ago, Jazzboy said:

Claude J, "Best friend/speaker builder says it's the best I ever had"

I live in the Detroit area, but I am not a DIY'er. I looking for someone to build me a pair of Cornscalas Style D's. Would your friend be interested?

Jazzboy

Hi @Jazzboy

If you want to say something to @ClaudeJ1  you have to do it like this, he will have a notification by the forum of your request 😉

22 hours ago, Jazzboy said:

Claude J, "Best friend/speaker builder says it's the best I ever had"

I live in the Detroit area, but I am not a DIY'er. I looking for someone to build me a pair of Cornscalas Style D's. Would your friend be interested?

Jazzboy

I know a guy who would be glad to do it. He has CNC for cutting plywood to 0.005" tolerance, so it would be a precision job. PM me and I'll put you in touch.

My best friend/speaker builder was referring to MWMs bins for best bass, and my Quarter Pie system with K-402's and K1133 drivers with QSC waveguides/DE-250 tweeters, and NOT Cornscala D types!!

• Like 1