Upgrading my 1978 Klipschorns old alnico K77?

I’m considering upgrading my old round alnico magnet K77 tweeters in my 1978 Klipschorns. I replaced their diaphragms around fifteen years ago, but read they roll off around 14k to 16k hertz.

I have Bob Crites A/AA oil can caps crossovers in them. They’re around fifteen years old. I don't want to change, or modify the crossovers.

Any tweeter suggestions? 

Two I’m considering are Bob’s CT120, or Beyma CP25. Any comments about those, or which are better? 

if you get the 120's from bob you will have to remove the top hat and move the cross brace back 3/4" to accept the new tweeter. very simple to do. i think 4 screws and the top comes off. i replaced 8 of them

Never listened to Beyma CP25s, but have listened to Bob’s CT125 and CT120, Klipsch K76 with Bob’s titanium diaphragm, and all versions of Klipsch/EV K77/T35s.  I use the CT120s in my DIY Super Heresys.  In addition to the sound, I like that the horn mimics the K77/T35 in appearance and installation.

IIRC, the CT120, with plastic T35/K77 type horn, tested well at Claude’s @ClaudeJ1 against the same driver using a custom machined metal horn.

• Like 1