Another Bi-wire question

spin

Are most of you who bi-wire their front speakers also bi-wiring the CC? I have been to several stores today and several websites, and I am having problems finding a Monster M Series biwire for the CC. They show it on the website, but nobody has it in stock, they have to order it. Will the CC being bi-wired really make a noticeable difference.

Hmmmm.

I really don't know.

The center channel is depended upon to carry the brunt of the vocal load.

Any ounce more of clarity you can sqeeze from it would be benefical.

Ultimately, it will be up to you to decide for yourself how it sounds.

Some people claim to hear a difference, some do not.

The concept of bi-wiring would suggest that given the right conditions an audible difference is present.

Basically, if more unaltered sonic information is being conveyed from the amp to the driver(s),

The result should be tighter, cleaner, more detailed sound all the way across the spectrum.

...Or at least theory would suggest.

Don't get me wrong.

I'm by no means afraid to discuss bi-wiring, but commenting on how it will sound to you, is another thing.

Each of us will perceive the sound of our systems differently.

The varying conditions existing throughout our listening environment at any given moment comprise more than half the reason for this.

The other part consists of the idea that each person hears slightly different.

Mostly, it's related to small physical differences in ear shape/size..

But other psychoacoustical factors are at work there as well.

Most all of us learn to interpret sounds based on roughly the same tangible cues.

The difference is, we only learn them in relation to how we individually perceive them.

It's the (You say Tomato, I say tomato') kind of thing.

IMO.Go ahead and give it a whirl.

It's the only way to know for sure.

FYI. the benefit of bi=wiring is non-existent unless your speaker has a split, bi-wireable crossover.

Enjoy the voice of your system.1.gif

I sometimes noticed a difference with home made biwire by using two strands of Radio Shack speaker wire.

The I'm told that the load is lessened AND the chances of interference within the wire are also lessened. Not sure what difference it will make in a center channel. Clarity could be the most obvious, especially in the highs. I don't think you'll hear the bass improvement. Perhaps less muddy in the midrange.

I will always recommend special cable after hearing the improvement it made in my system.

There is a book with my user name?

Jeez.

First a company, now a book.

I'm seeing my name pop up all over the place, lately.

It took me a whole 2 hours to come up with that name.

I actually wrote down a list of all my interests and ended up with Audioreality.

The name joins both of my greatest interests.

I would have liked to use my old name here (soundthought) but the BB wouldn't let me.

Maybe I should have called myself "The Quantum Mechanic" or "Schrodinger's cat". 9.gif

• 3 months later...

"Who is this Shakespeare of which you speak?

Did he not make fishing reels here in my humble town of Kalamazoo"

My dad has some Shakespeare tackle, mine runs to Zebco :)

Did you know that over 50% of the people surveyed that went to Disneyland remember meeting Buggs Bunny? (Buggs is a WB character).