Not very popular this Gaming Forum!

TheEAR

Ear,

Havent played No One lives forever 2 yet, but will get it when it comes out on Xbox this holiday season. The first James of the new series was kind of a dud. It was fun but not great. The new one is supposed to be much better, more in the league of goldeneye.

Did pick up a new game this weekend and played a little bit. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon. This is a really cool game. Have you played it?

Oh yeh, not a very popular forum. I know there must be alot of gamers in here. For whatever reason nobody has anything to say about gaming. I was going to say something about how unpopular this forum is, but I figured no ones listening anyway. Once agian the Ear is listening.LOL10.gif

I play video games and I'm not afraid to admit it.

EJ1.gif

ear, is that a leaked version u are playing right now, I haven't been following Doom but I did read an article about ppl playing "demo doom" but in fact, it's not a demo but a leaked version (apparently ppl just assumed it's a demo) which isn't even supposed to be played on these wimpy PCs. that's supposely the reason why even with a kick *** PC, it's hard to handle this leaked doom.

Yes its a leaked Doom 3 alpha,far from finished.When its done Doom 3 should be quite a show.When its out I will have a nice Nvidia FX to keep company to the poor ATI 9700PRO. This game will need a whopper of a video card,no BS card will do justice to this game all MX cards can say BYE BYE to Doom 3 with any serious detail and anything above 640*480.

At least a GF4 Ti will be required(at low rez and low detail to enjoy the game).Its good for the industry it will force those with obsolete MX cards to upgrade. LOL

Those who purchased the 9700PRO are safe and will be able to play at 1024*768 with all the detail,a guess from what I saw on my 9700PRO/ASUS A7V333/1024MB/Athlon 2400XP core.I can nly imagine the games based on the Doom 3 core! 1.gif

Today I tried a lowly GF4 MX440 card...OMG what a piece of trash...cant even play smooth at 640*480 in UT2003 with all detail maxed!This is on the same 2400XP system.With the 9700PRO its smooth as silk at 1600*1200 rez!With a 4600TI its starts to get choppy when action heats up,bye bye GF4

TheEAR,

John Carmack said Doom 3 will be playable on a GeForce3, so...

Secondly, Doom 3 will be coming to the Xbox. Carmack said that the Xbox version will be just as good as the PC version. A bit strange when you come think of it because the Xbox has a GeForce3ish graphics card and an Intel 733MHz processor. He also said that the sound will probably be better on the Xbox because it supports hardware acceleration of Dolby Digital 5.1 sound.

• 2 weeks later...