Turntable for Forte II / Marantz 2015 combo

Hello,

Pretty much everything I've read has said that the Rega Planar 2 or 3 and the Pro-ject debut carbon and X1 are the best turntables for under $1000 (my approximate range)

Is there one of the above that is the obvious choice or should i search for a vintage turntable?

I have a decent set up , marantz 2015 receiver and klipsch forte II floor standing speakers

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!
  • Like 2

Yes, welcome to the forum and, those sound decent as examples.

Maybe owners here will chime in.

Guess if your Marantz has a phono input, you are ahead of some. In any case anymore, some come with preamp built into their turntables.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, The Professor said:

Hello,

Pretty much everything I've read has said that the Rega Planar 2 or 3 and the Pro-ject debut carbon and X1 are the best turntables for under $1000 (my approximate range)

Is there one of the above that is the obvious choice or should i search for a vintage turntable?

I have a decent set up , marantz 2015 receiver and klipsch forte II floor standing speakers

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!

Welcome " The Professor ". I think that with over 40 years of experience with TT´S  I can take a position.

Nice Vintage Receiver the Marantz 2015.  Marantz has and always had excellent RIA standards for turntables.  I would make a decision in favour of Rega Planar 3. The tone arm is an RB 330 . In most cases, there is also a Plug & Play offer, i.e. including a pick-up.This is really an excellent turntable in this price range. Of course Vintage TT'S are always an alternative, those of Micro Seiki, Kenwood, Marantz and others. However, these are sold at very high lover prices. Then the mentioned budget, for a completely revised TT, is not enough.

• Like 2