Sticky Little Rubber Thingys...

jdmccall

...around the magnets on the backside of my speaker grilles.......What am I supposed to do with them?  Owner info says to remove them from the four corners of the grille, but there's eleven of the little buggers back there.  They are around almost every magnet.  Do I remove them all?  Actually, that's what I did, but have I voided my warranty?  Will my speakers explode into a ball of noxious, flaming audio gas?  Desperate audiophool needs to know!

• Moderators

Yes hurry and get the garden hose ready, it's just a matter of time before they flame up. 

6 hours ago, jdmccall said:

audiophool

Not quite, one of those would not have picked those speakers, your good.

Sure remove them, I would, don't see how it can hurt, you do have smoke alarms right ?:lol: :emotion-19:

• Haha 1

Smoke alarms? ...check!

Both the new speakers and the old audiophool survived a fairly extended listening session today, with neither flame nor smoke intruding on the festivities, so all is well AFAIK.  That said, I shall remain vigilant just in case the removal of the eleven little rubber thingys (per speaker) may at some point, provoke a resonance or imbalance that could possibly result in any manner of unpredictable and possibly unpleasant outcomes.

😉

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Uh oh!

You did it now!

Elden knows people in Klipsch management, he's currently on the phone turning you in the the KPD (Klipsch Police Department)

But I don't think they take us serious, and maby they shouldn't ?

If they read here I would bet there shaking their heads at times, I know Roy does. 

19 hours ago, jdmccall said:

😨Oh no...not the KPD!😨

na