Banana Plugs with RP 600Ms?

TDiz1

20 minutes ago, TDiz1 said:

I just got my RP 600Ms. Im used to using banana plugs.

The terminal connectors look like they have a center plug that can be removed. I tried and couldnt see how to get the plug out.

Am I incorrect about this or can banana be used on this speaker?

Quite right: use your finger nail to remove the small plastic plugs. Or a small knife tip. I put them in the packaging on the attick. If you have small children, keep the small plugs away from them.

Enjoy you r speakers, they are amazing!

edit: Keep the metal bridge (for bi-amping) where they are!

12 minutes ago, TDiz1 said:

I just got my RP 600Ms. Im used to using banana plugs.

The terminal connectors look like they have a center plug that can be removed. I tried and couldnt see how to get the plug out.

Am I incorrect about this or can banana be used on this speaker?

They pop out, just use a thin pointed blade or the likes to remove them.

You might need a sewing needle or very small screwdriver from an eyeglass repair kit or computer repair kit (jewelers screwdrivers).  

BTW, these are plugged because of some European Union regulation. in some countries over there the connections to the power mains are the same spacing and size as our banana plugs.

I have never seen a report of anyone boloxing up the connection sceme, though I suppose you'd get 50 hz bass for a fraction of second before a voice coil blows.

OTOH there was a story on the internet long ago about how a fellow in the USA used standard extension cords and blade connectors as speaker feed wires.  (It must have seemed like a good idea at the time.)  Eventually the inevitable happened and he inadertently fed 115 volts mains into the output connectors of an amp.  "Burnt parts rained from the sky for several day."  Or so is the tale.

WMcD

o

• Like 1