La Scala Doghouse build layout.

OCBob

I don't equate people that build their own LS bass bins as lazy. I assume that extra cut is not worth the effort to remove and doubt it has any affect on the wave form.

Judging by your beveling around the perimeter, you are good at cutting angles, so have at it.

The LS was not meant to be pretty, just highly functional.

Keep posting, many of us love a good build thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCBob said:

All the factory built La Scala's have these lil' remnants intact. Even when people build clones, they leave them.  Do they serve a purpose, or are people just lazy?  Seem's easy enough to remove them..

image.png.ace5e50da48ccaae85dd681a8e400f28.png

This angle wouldn't affect the performance in any way & I would suggest that the factory leaves them on because it's an unnecessary process that contributes nothing to the performance, but adds to the cost. 

Remember that the LS was originally designed as a PA speaker & so functionality was the main criteria....not aesthetics. Over the years the design has stayed the same & I would suggest that people who build clones want their LS to look exactly like the factory models, rather than it being a time saving exercise. 

If you're not happy with the look, by all means bevel those edges. This won't alter the sound at all. 

Keep up the good work....looks like a fantastic build. 

Strength and ease of assembly.  Cut that corner and your glue joint will be thin and your nails will have nothing much to hold. 

It you are looking to change it, make fairing strips to fill the step down to the "roof" and smooth the joint.  Listen with and without them.  They will be more easily added and glued after completion of the bass horn. 

1 minute ago, JohnA said:

Strength and ease of assembly.  Cut that corner and your glue joint will be thin and your nails will have nothing much to hold.

Great answer   -----Structurally ,  better off leaving these intact ,  since they do make for a stronger Dog House joint  , the design of PWK is not a coincidence