surrounds/rear surrounds advice

AudioNewbie

The RP-600M's will make excellent rear surround speakers, and I'm hoping to upgrade my rear surrounds to these in the future... 🙂

I am not aware of any better Klipsch speakers for the rear surrounds in the RP line, but perhaps a fellow forum member will be able to advise if there is an alternative.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AudioNewbie said:

I recently bought the RP-502S for the surrounds on home theatre.  Can the RP-600M's be used as the Rear surrounds or is there a better speaker for the rears?  I have the RP-8060A for the front towers..the RP-502C for center, RP-502S and two RP-600Ms?  Thanks!

real good choice , you can also go for a used pair of Heresy , that's the top choice -imho

13 hours ago, AudioNewbie said:

I recently bought the RP-502S for the surrounds on home theatre.  Can the RP-600M's be used as the Rear surrounds or is there a better speaker for the rears?  I have the RP-8060A for the front towers..the RP-502C for center, RP-502S and two RP-600Ms?  Thanks!

502S is very popular especially on the sides, they're very comfortable as compared to a single horn firing directly into your ear from 2' away.  Technically with the original 7.1 specs, a direct radiating monopole such as the 600M is more correct for the actual rears.  the 500M actually visually matches better in terms of height so those are actually most popular for the rears.  Actually to be honest Dolby wants you to have monopole speakers all the way around in an Atmos system, in other words don't use 502S, but, like I said, they're more comfortable and Dolby updated the specs to allow these.  At first Dolby was basically like absolutely not to speakers like the RP-502S in an Atmos system.