System up and running (Rotel and Klipsch)

PYRO

Just added the ROTEL Line to my system.

ROTEL RT 1080 TUNER

ROTEL RSP 1066 S.S.PROCESSOR

ROTEL RMB 1075 AMPLIFIER

ROTEL RCC 1055 CD PLAYER

Klipsch RF-7, RC-7, and RS-7

This is a great setup. Been listening to Pink Floyd, awesome! Still getting comfortable with it. Thanks to marksdad and boa12 for your input.

My concerns about hiss, overkill....hiss is at a minimum with this setup.

Will post more later, @work!

RP

A great system. By the way, can you describe how the CD player sounds. I just bought an Arcam, but was also interested in the Rotel and Rega Planet 2000. Also, make sure you visit the dedicated Rotel board at http://www.htguide.com/CFBoards/index.cfm?fuseaction=listings&CFB=1&forum=25

for updates on your Rotel equipment and make sure you post what you just got under my thread for power amps people mated with their 1066's. Actually, we'd all also be happy to hear what version software you have, which can be found by looking at the unit's display while holding down the mute button. Good purchase. 3.gif

Pyro-

How is the match of the RMB-1075 to your speakers, do you find them a tad bright? I'm torn between the Rotel RMB-1075 and the Parasound HCA-1205A. The Parasound is a tad warmer, but the dealers in my area won't let me do a in home addition of these units so its hard to really match the units to the klipsch speakers.

-Dave

danbry-

Which Arcam did you get? Diva 72? I have been thinking about getting the Arcam Diva 82 (after I get the amp). What has been your opinion about the Arcam. Some have noted that it is very light weight and could benifit from a more substantial frame. Any info would be appreciated.....

-Dave

The 72T. I got a display model that the dealer said had less than 10 hours use for $599. I love the thing. It is forward sounding, but with a ton of detail and dynamics. Very musical. Not harsh at all to my ears. I'd definitly audition the thing, as well as the Rega and Rotel. I hear the Planet 2000 is wonderfully laid back sounding, but not for everyone's taste, but never had the chance to audition it.

ROTEL RMB 1075

I think it sounds great. I demoed B&K which was to warm for me. The RF-7's can handle everything it dishes out. When I move to a bigger place I will add on a two channel rotel amp @ 200 watts per channel ( Don't remeber model number )for the mains. I really like the protection circuit. No popping when turning system on/off or when selecting other input devices.

As for the CD Player - again I think it is great. I don't have anything worth while to compare it to.

All components are BLACK!

I will check on software version, when I get home.

Hope this helps,

RP

You mention the "hiss".

It is normal too hear more as the resolution of your overall system improves.

Due to TV, sattellite, DVD, CD and other components there is allot of EMI nastiness going on.

Things to ponder...

-separate power sources for TV, Digital companents and analog companents

-seriously sheilded interconnects

-review of house wiring

I am about to put ferrite "collars" on some of my cables to reduce EMI interference; just for poops and giggles.

Enjoy the major upgrade!

Sound selections.

congrats pyro, i love my system too, mine is mixed some silver, some black, dont know why, sometimes i like the mixed appearance, sometimaes not, but 1 thing i always love the sound of the rotel klipsch system, it is sometimes all that keeps me sane in those insane moments, and yes if there is hiss? it will smooth out, i never hear any on my system, anyway, enjoy12.gif

Let me clarify on "The Hiss"

When I was searching for an amp/pre amp one of the big issues I came across was hiss or noise coming through the speakers when nothing was being played.

With this setup, I have too crank the volume at least 3/4 of the way up to hear "The Hiss." This is acceptable to me.

RP

3.gif

----------------

On 12/4/2002 3:03:22 PM DrPyro wrote:

Pyro-

How is the match of the RMB-1075 to your speakers, do you find them a tad bright? I'm torn between the Rotel RMB-1075 and the Parasound HCA-1205A. The Parasound is a tad warmer, but the dealers in my area won't let me do a in home addition of these units so its hard to really match the units to the klipsch speakers.

-Dave

danbry-

Which Arcam did you get? Diva 72? I have been thinking about getting the Arcam Diva 82 (after I get the amp). What has been your opinion about the Arcam. Some have noted that it is very light weight and could benifit from a more substantial frame. Any info would be appreciated.....

-Dave

----------------

I agree. Rotel amplifiers are brighter than Parasound amplifiers. Even though the Rotel is a great amplifier, I prefer the Parasound with Klipsch because of its warmer sound and because it has much better bass/slam.

PYRO: Nice gear you got yourself. I was starting to think i was the olny one running rotel products. mine were purchased about 3 years ago.

RB-1090 (380x2)

RB-993 (200X3) discontinued

RSP-985 signal processor

can't remember the # of the cd player but it's the single transport model. was there top of the line 3 years ago.I think it's a 991.

As far as the amp goes, yes i was also told to plug it right into the wall, as they draw a lot of current.

does your 1055 have a "DITHER" control ? mine does and its for adding ultrasonic noise. (has 6 or 7 settings).

The olny complaint i have with rotels claim to being a 'HI-FI" manufacture is why the hell put balanced inputs on your amps and not on the processor. This pissed me off a bit , they should take a page from the KRELL book and get with the program.

In reading your setup manual do they still recomend useing the DB-25 connection for 5.1 from the processor to the amp. or does yours even have a DB-25 pin outlet?

I'm kicking around the idea of upgrading to the 1066 but if there is still no balanced outputs then i'm going to go with the KRELL. Or buy another pre-amp and use the 1090 and k-horns just for 2 channel.

I have power and interconnects separated. Amp is plugged directly into the outlet. Dirty power from house....probably, will bring an oscope home and check it out.

Grounding. Since there is only two prongs on the power cord do I need to ground the chasis?

DB-25 is recommended for professional uses, same for balanced inputs.

RP