La Scala has 6 Digit S/N & Belle has 5 Digits?

Frzninvt

I just picked up a 1978 La Scala today to serve as my center channel, it had 28S000 stamped on the back and the sticker had "Single" written on it with the same pen that was used to hand write the S/N on it, and finish type. It has grill cloth over the midrange and tweeter but it is held on with trim pieces and not removable. It also does not have a Klipsch name badge, nor does it appear to of ever had one. I think it was in a Church once, could this have been special ordered this way? Just curious, also my Belle Klipsch only have a 5 digit S/N. Any info on this would be appreciated.1.gif

In 1978, the company had not yet come out with a removable grille cloth panel for LaScalas...so the grille cloth was stapled on, then its edges covered with "screen door" trim which was bradded onto the speaker front. Some LaScalas were ordered as singles...and with options like the grille cloth...normally for sound reinforcement purposes.