A painfully true email from a friend - Perspective

mobile homeless

Bloody hell Kelly you must have photographic memory. I cant even remember my own posts let alone the many and varied discussions we have all had on here over the years.

I for one rather like this forum, even with the repetitive bits. I just find that it waxes and wanes from time to time as most things do.

On the subject of 2 channel..I just got a new computer - TADA!!!

I am now the proud owner of a very cryptic HP Omnibook xe4500 - my frst ever portable computer (that I have owned myself that is). Certainly makes me old Pentium 3 / 500 Mhz desktop look a bit sick.

Notice I said cryptic...this XP nonsence is quite bizzare, doesnt let you actually do anything for yourself - does everything for you - its like an apple (computer, not fruit).

Still - very jazzy...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm....

For what's its worth, I've never owned or been interested in owning a vintage "Yammy" receiver, though I have owned a nice Yahama integrated amp. I've owned it for years, and certainly prior to wandering into the Klipsch forum.

Possibly I've been mistaken for another Yammy? Actually, I prefer the term sweet potato. :-)

Tom, After all the experiments and the back and forth listening both ole JF and I separately came to the conclusion that the EICO HF-81 sounded the best left totally stock(IOW, full preamp in circuit). Now, if we can figure out a genuine way to bypass the tone controls without losing some of the circuit, that might be the way to go. So far, I actually think leaving the whole nine yards in is almost preferable. The absence of the front end does bring about more resolution ....just a touch which has some positives. On the other hand, there is a slight loss of body that I find desirable. Dont know where you stand now on the whole scheme of things but that is where I left it.

over1.jpg

I just got the Progressive-Engineering "The Turntable" up and running so I have not had the EICO on in almost a week, preferring the main system to listen to the TT. Getting ready to get another cartridge but after this dies down, I'll be all into the EICO business again.

BTW, any shots of yours? Also, see you did finally get a Scott.

kh

ps- Whell, my apologies for mistaking your for the chap that asked me where he could find a vintage Yamaha integrated (I had an old CR-800 that is retired). Although the other points in that post still stand. But I guess I saw the Yamaha (he is the one that called it a "Yammy" sadly enough) in your system and thought it was you. Again, sorry on that one.