What do you think about this old atlas sound drivers ?

2 minutes ago, SpeedLimit said:

but i think, they are the earlier product of the pd-5vh

WOW , these are old , the tag says --PD-5V  , but From ATLAS SOUND --Brooklyn NY ---ATLAS Sound moved to Texas  -----long time ago  -----so these drivers are very old indeed -

3 minutes ago, SpeedLimit said:

does someone know if they have a good sound ?

I just spoke with Atlas on the phone ,  they do not  have access to the database for the older PD-5V   given Covid  19,    but they will be back in their offices towards the end of the summer -and they could answer by then -Sorry , but that's the best answer I can give you

• Like 1

ok ... if the coils are not out of order, i think i will buy them ..

i hope they are working, and if not, then, i will open a museum 😀

RandyH000, thank you .. if you can have the specs of these drivers, I take them happyly

• Haha 1

On radiomuseum, i have read that it could probably be about year 1965, near my birth year !! so it seem to be very old

i don't think that Klipsch used them .. or better said, i have never seen klipschorns or other models from klipsch with these drivers

Atlas offers similar looking drivers still today. I would take care if the old drivers in your picture have transformers built-in, therefore the big housing at least in their current line up if you have a look at their page below, and if a driver with a built-in transformer is that what you need  May be I am wrong and the reason to have this huge housing was different regarding the old drivers in your pic..

https://www.atlasied.com/loudspeakers-horn-loudspeaker-drivers-compression-drivers

1 hour ago, SpeedLimit said:

On radiomuseum, i have read that it could probably be about year 1965, near my birth year !! so it seem to be very old

i don't think that Klipsch used them .. or better said, i have never seen klipschorns or other models from klipsch with these drivers

I own some Klipsch  K55V units ---from the 60's --they are the regular k55V with push pin terminals-

And B&C or Faital products should be even cheaper made in Italy than in the US. Good used Atlas also is no problem, also the new ones are not overpriced in the EU if purchasing from EU dealers.

i will try to explain you how it is on my little island. (sorry i use google translate to help my poor american spoken)

Yes, i am in the European Union but in an ultra-peripheral region. It is a island as others in the European Union that have an economic delay. To compensate for this, the European Council has put in place a tax system to promote local products and prevent imports less expensive than local productions.

I know, we do not produce locally speakers but taxes hit everything that comes from elsewhere to get back into the pockets of the town halls and local institutions.

To return to the Atlas Sound PD-5V, the person does not sell them very expensive. I just told myself that would be interesting to test them on my clones scala.

As I see, you are not very interested in testing other speakers. The drivers are indicated in 16 ohms. I guess there is no transformer in it, you do not think so?

7 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

The OP Lives on FRENCH Reunion Island and  is limited to buy everything , locally ,or pay , very hefty prices for shipping, duties  and taxes -

Yes, you are right RandyH000, it is exactly what you say.