MEH Synergy

5 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Can I post if I feel that's a very fair price?  🙂

Ha, sure, please do. I know what, these sell for in California and let me tell you, it's HARD to find a pair of Forte II in walnut in this neck of the woods. I agree the price is fair 

• Like 2

I'm thinking that oiled walnut has an advantage over lacquered walnut in that the walnut is more scratch-resistant than the lacquer, which scratches very easily.  I never minded occasionally oiling my speakers.

Just now, Islander said:

I'm thinking that oiled walnut has an advantage over lacquered walnut in that the walnut is more scratch-resistant than the lacquer, which scratches very easily.  I never minded occasionally oiling my speakers.

I would agree with you there. The finish on the newer klipsch that I had in "American Walnut" would scratch if you looked at it too long. The veneer is also VERY thin.  No way I can have that finish with the baby around anymore. She's quite curious 

20210406_131250.jpg

20210404_155744.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One friend of mine had a toddler that was curious and liked to open the glass door of his tall audio cabinet.  He rigged a thin brass rod across the top that a standing person could easily move to the side to open the door, but was barely visible from toddler level.  Junior soon got bored of the door no longer opening and moved on to other mischief.

2 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

but you will not have any problems at all finding a good home for them soon enough.

Thanks. Discussion is underway.   Yes, the finish on these are stunning IMHO.  Sucker for Walnut finish myself.   The newer super light Walnut finish from Klipsch isn't my personal favorite by comparison.  Wish it was darker. 

Big shout out too WestCoastDrums for putting up with me the last couple of days.  He shared his Knowledge for Klipsch speakers and was patience with my indecision.  I really like these Klipsch Forte but it didn't work out for me.  

• Thanks 1