I prefer that commentary be in PM. PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD unless you actually intend to purchase at the listed price. If you want to ask general questions, make suggestions, or provide your opinions, there are other threads here to do so. Please understand this is a sale thread and not intended as discussion thread. I will gladly chat with you on the regular threads.
OEM Klipsch KD-16 (only one single, not a pair) in used condition is now up for sale. As of today, this is the only place in the world where you can buy one in this exact condition. The sale will be limited to this forum only, for Klipsch forum members only (minimum post count of 30). I am not interested in selling this on any other site, or to anyone other than Klipsch members. For that reason alone, this sale will be available here indefinitely. If you can read this then yes, it is still for sale. Sorry international friends, but this sale is for CONUS only.
I have one spare single Chorus II speaker stored in a secure part of the interior of my home. It is entirely a spare as I am using its mate for my center channel. What is for sale here is only the passive (drone) radiator that is currently still installed in that speaker where it will remain until a sale is imminent. It is in great shape and there are no cosmetic abnormalities. It is perfectly functional and all original. It will be handled and packaged with the most care possible. The shipping service will be up to the buyer, but I prefer USPS here.
Who may want to buy this?
1) someone who does not own all of the parts to repair one fully.
2) someone who does not want to DIY with a repair kit
3) someone who does not want to send their stuff out to a repair center
4) someone who wants to have a spare, just in case
5) someone who can not wait over 1 year for Klipsch parts to reply to a request for a replacement, only to finally be told that the current inventory available to ship today is zero.
What will I sacrifice by selling this?
1) I will not have a pair of speakers anymore, making it exponentially harder to a Chorus II single later. Likely loosing money overall.
2) I will not have the KD-16 for my own spare, just in case. I use 5 of these daily in my setup, so it is much more likely I could have future use for it.
3) Probably my reputation here on this thread, because every time a Klipsch passive gets the center of attention someone always gets roasted and the thread turn into a $@% show. For that reason alone I will not be responding inside of this thread. So have fun, cause I am only available via email on this.
So why all of the jive then? Because this is not the first time I made this offer here, and I learned from that past experience. Sorry if you are a potential buyer, and you were not aware of any past sales. I am a very reputable member of this community, and my reputation will not be diminished because of petty disagreements on garage sales. I will stand behind everything on this. Members who act out by not respecting the terms of the Forum, or the terms set within this post will simply be serving to only disrespect themselves.
Price is the all inclusive price of
payable by Paypal only, or we can arrange to meet if you are regional. You can pick it up at my address for $300.