Xilica XP-4080 and Windows 10 connection issues

TexDrone

13 minutes ago, babadono said:

Hmmmmm.......what have you tried so far? I think i just gave it an I.P. address via the front panel then hooked up my laptop and BOOM. It was there.

So far I have only tried USB.

Did you connect the ether port to a switch on your network, or direct to your laptop?

44 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Watch the xilica video online from the company itself. It gives you specifics that you need to solve your issue. 

1 minute ago, babadono said:

@TexDrone I went(still go) direct laptop to Xilica via ethernet. So USB? sorry no experience with that.

@Westcoastdrums probably has the best suggestion.

I had watched the videos, but no luck. It has something to do with the USB driver that communicates with the board in the Xilica, it does not work with Windows 10. Long story short, I connected a network cable to the ether port and everything works. I don't think the firmware can be upgraded over ether, at least not according to the manual, but I doubt they are still putting firmware out for these models. 

1 hour ago, TexDrone said:

I don't think the firmware can be upgraded over ether, at least not according to the manual, but I doubt they are still putting firmware out for these models.

unless you have a software or hardware problem - the current Firmware revision is ok  -

On 6/20/2021 at 1:17 AM, RandyH001 said:

unless you have a software or hardware problem - the current Firmware revision is ok  -

You are right. I was just trying to wrap my head around how a new electronic component with onboard usb, serial, and ethernet was not able to plug and play with Windows 10. I rarely use Windows outside of work, except for these types of scenarios where some gadget I own does not play nice with Linux. I read several threads on various forums where someone was having issues getting their Xilica XP series to work with a Mac, but not windows.

Now I wonder if it works with Windows 10 using a serial cable?    

8 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

thst's an amazing active crossover ,   you got there , make sure to have the unit on a lone surge protector

Thanks Randy. What makes you say to have it on a 'lone' surge protector? 

17 hours ago, RandyH001 said:

what do you use for surge protection  , there are so many units out there

Zero surge is the best I have found as far as price /performance and they claim to have zero failures on all units built.  I hear no audible negative effects with my amp plugged into this unit vs straight into the wall either. They give military discounts as well.  Give em a try. 

21 hours ago, RandyH001 said:

what do you use for surge protection  , there are so many units out there

I have a Furman. I thought you were saying the XILICA needed to be on a dedicated surge protector with no other devices plugged into it.

2 hours ago, TexDrone said:

I have a Furman. I thought you were saying the XILICA needed to be on a dedicated surge protector with no other devices plugged into it.

I  had a software  issue with my Xilica  following a power failure   ,   I switched to a dedicated surge protector and it's been rock steady , since  -

17 hours ago, RandyH001 said:

I  had a software  issue with my Xilica  following a power failure   ,   I switched to a dedicated surge protector and it's been rock steady , since  -

Ah! Was the power failure just a power outage, or did you have a surge/spike event? 

2 hours ago, TexDrone said:

Ah! Was the power failure just a power outage, or did you have a surge/spike event? 

both - the Xilica is exceptionally sensitive to a bi-event of a sudden drop in electricity  /followed by a spike at reboot -

On 6/20/2021 at 2:17 AM, RandyH001 said:
On 6/20/2021 at 12:42 AM, TexDrone said:

I don't think the firmware can be upgraded over ether, at least not according to the manual, but I doubt they are still putting firmware out for these models.

You can update the firmware over ethernet or usb. The current versions is 9.10.

On 6/21/2021 at 8:54 PM, RandyH001 said:

the Xilica is programmed to search for the WIN 10 Product Key  to  operate under Win 10

Where do you even come up with ideas like this?

• Haha 1