Here's your chance

Deang

I'm making some changes. Original plans have changed somewhat.

For Sale:

Craigmeister Scott 299A: This was Craigs personal amp, and has had just about everything done that you can have done to one of these. Cosmetically, it's an 8.5, and comes with the wood case. It's pretty much got the best of everything, including tubes -- which if I had any sense I would rob for the 'B' version that's coming. $550 shipped. (same as I paid)

Heresies: Beautiful set, but not perfect. Of course, I have sometimes unrealistic expectations, and am generally picky as hell. Most of the speakers look like new, including the cane grills. However, there are some minor dings along a couple of the rear edges, as well as very small chip out of one of the rear sides, where the panel meets up against the corner -- easily repaired. These are 83's, with the plastic resin lenses. They also come with risers that are in better shape than I expected. A little bit of veneer has peeled off, but not noticeable when they are sitting on the floor. As usual, I make things sound worse then they are, that way there are no surprises. $525 shipped. (same as I paid)

SVS 20-39+ & Samson pro 1000: Not that anyone here on 2 channel would be interested, but here it is anyways. Like new. $800 shipped.

Drop me a mail sometime. I wanted to get some good pics of that 299a for Craig since it has most of anything he would do as well as give it a listen to see what I wanted done to the one coming here... but looks like that might not fly given your time frame.

I for one am always interested in where my ole pal Dean turns next! You are definitely Loon #1 in musical chairs with amps/speakers taking place of the chairs and the additional Lowes employee back brace for heavy lifting!

kh

I can probably get some good pictures for you. As far as sending it down goes, I don't know. I was actually hoping someone here with some sense would scoop this thing up.

How about that sub Kelly? You'll need it for those K-horns your'e getting:)

I believe #1 Loon goes to you old Yoda. I mean, I'm not the one fretting over whether to use a record clamp or not;) I wonder if the clamp, pressing the vinyl against the platter -- alters the distance between the groove walls, as the stylus moves closer to the center. Just a thought.

I think I'm going to spend a few days comparing the Apollos and the Scott head on. The initial cursory comparison I did probably wasn't really adequate to draw firm conclusions. Besides, the Apollos are quite gorgeous, and after spending a couple of hours with them last night, decided it might be harder to part with them than I thought.

Man, your'e brutal. The Cornwalls will only be my fourth set of Klipsch in 3 years, and two of those were part of my upgrade path to the RF-7's. I'm still fiddling with DQ's, but your not counting those against me are you:) Let's see, the amp count again. What is it? Anthem, Bryston, Superamp, Superamp DJH, and Apollos. Aragon was for the DQ's, can't count that one. Started with the Anthem before you started infecting me with you bizarre ideas, can't count that one either. So,4 amps. I need to save this post. This comes up every few months:)

I know, "I thou dost protest too much."

Oh well.

Dean,

I hope you sell everything and get the Cornwalls.

I can't wait to read the reviews.

I have enjoyed all your post's and thought's on the MANY different pieces of equipment you have had.

I wish you would get a pair of Wrights and Lascala's and let me know if you enjoy this combo as much as I do.

Danny

Dean if your going to do some head on comparing again do me a favor and try the 8 Ohm taps with your RF-7s. I'm curious to see if there is a noticable difference when not binding the amp down to only 9 watts. I think it can drive them just fine on the 8 ohm taps.

Craig

Dean i didnt think youd like the heresys, when you get the cornwalls, you better hold on buddy their intense!

The only line that beats the cornwall bottom end are the Klipschorns, and so far my expeirence is the cornwalls are not to far behind on bass, on the top model heritage line!

Then the other difference with the 3 of coarse are the mid horns from the La scala, belle, Klipschorn!

LOUDER

But you already know this

Regards Jim

PS have fun

9.gif