ES700 Schematic

sidu

6 hours ago, sidu said:

Hello,

Anyone can share?

I will be grateful for help.

Do you have the schematic for the ES400?  If not, there's one on Al's website, in the Extreme Slope section.  I assume it's the latest schematic.

I believe you can take those values and divide all of them by 1.75 (700/400) to get an ES700.  I think the first series inductor is 3mH (?).

Do you already have the ES5800, or were you planning on a 2-way system?

If you would like, I can try to run some before/after simulations just to see how the old/new values play together.  I can't guarantee the resulting values will equal Al's ES700 though.

Maybe wait until someone posts an official schematic before trying this approach.

Mike

Than

3 hours ago, mboxler said:

Do you have the schematic for the ES400?  If not, there's one on Al's website, in the Extreme Slope section.  I assume it's the latest schematic.

I believe you can take those values and divide all of them by 1.75 (700/400) to get an ES700.  I think the first series inductor is 3mH (?).

If you would like, I can try to run some before/after simulations just to see how the old/new values play together.  I can't guarantee the resulting values will equal Al's ES700 though.

Maybe wait until someone posts an official schematic before trying this approach.

Mike

Thank You,

I know, but maybe someone share schematic for ES700. Recently I was try to recalculate AP12 network values and there was mismatch in calculations so I gave up.

I have 2 way system based on GPA416-8B/Altec 802-G/511b horn with AP12-700 crossover. I also would like to try Altec 811b and 32C.

Lukasz

43 minutes ago, sidu said:

Than

Thank You,

I know, but maybe someone share schematic for ES700. Recently I was try to recalculate AP12 network values and there was mismatch in calculations so I gave up.

I have 2 way system based on GPA416-8B/Altec 802-G/511b horn with AP12-700 crossover. I also would like to try Altec 811b and 32C.

Lukasz

I do have a folder containing all the AP-XXX schematics that I downloaded from Al's website a long time ago.   It contains his AP-700 schematic.

Let me know if you want me to PM you that folder.

Mike

9 hours ago, mboxler said:

I do have a folder containing all the AP-XXX schematics that I downloaded from Al's website a long time ago.   It contains his AP-700 schematic.

Mike

Send me, please.

This is quite different than the 'White Paper' version. Must be the latest 'revision'. White paper also had a 4 ohm "High Output"

Are there any schematics for the ES7500 floating out there?  

I wish to take the time to say THANK YOU to ALK for sharing and posting these once upon a time. His work lives on even in his absence. I certainly appreciated his past efforts and knowledge sharing.  Thank you Al. 😉

8 hours ago, Rockets said:

This is quite different than the 'White Paper' version. Must be the latest 'revision'. White paper also had a 4 ohm "High Output"

The circuit that ALK gave us to calculate values for different cross over frequencies has an 8.2 ohm resistor across the input to lower the input impedence to 4 ohms, leave that resistor out and you have an 8 ohm impedence.

The low pass network is different to the ES700 circuit and when I queried ALK about this he said it was a good idea at the time but there is no difference in performance.

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2021 at 9:44 PM, mboxler said:

Mike

Forgot to quote. 😊

• 1 year later...
On 9/28/2021 at 8:09 AM, mboxler said:

Mike

Hi mike curious how you got 3mh for the first series inductor? Has anyone does built the es400 off the schematic in the manual?

Thank you