klipsch cinema 1200 what problems, software flaws, glitches?

karogs

Hello everyone! Sorry for the bad English, I am writing through a translator, I myself am from Russia =))

Before buying this system, I would like to know what the problems are, I just do not want to buy a non-working system. It will be difficult to exchange this product in Russia, 40+ days have passed, and the system has not been sent yet.
And I would like to get an official answer, when will there be an update, where will the equalizer feature appear? According to open sources, they promised at the end of August, now it is October and there is no update yet.

21 hours ago, 001 said:

Please be patient  --the klipsch web site mentions :

Thanks for the answer.
What about problems? Is there a problem with the soundbar, is there any noise in the rear speakers?
What interests the most is not the equalizer, but how the soundbar works, whether it is buggy or not.

1 minute ago, karogs said:

Thanks for the answer.
What about problems? Is there a problem with the soundbar, is there any noise in the rear speakers?
What interests the most is not the equalizer, but how the soundbar works, whether it is buggy or not.

The klipsch warranty is excellent- Here's a unbiased review 

11 minutes ago, 001 said:

The klipsch warranty is excellent- Here's a unbiased review

Thanks, I saw it all 😃
In the forum www.avsforum.com they write that there are problems with the rear speakers and that the system freezes, you have to constantly unplug it from the outlet, that it began to work normally.
I wanted to listen to real reviews who have such a soundbar.

2 hours ago, karogs said:

Thanks, I saw it all 😃
In the forum www.avsforum.com they write that there are problems with the rear speakers and that the system freezes, you have to constantly unplug it from the outlet, that it began to work normally.
I wanted to listen to real reviews who have such a soundbar.

The best soundbar in the industry  is the klipsch Cinema 1200 ,  the  prices are going up , not down 

21 hours ago, 001 said:

The best soundbar in the industry  is the klipsch Cinema 1200 ,  the  prices are going up , not down 

Thanks for the video reviews, I've watched them for a long time.
I would like to hear feedback, not from a video blogger, but from a real client who uses the soundbar every day.
In other forums, they complain that the rear speakers are noisy, the soundbar freezes and many other minor annoyances.
How would you comment on this?

37 minutes ago, karogs said:

Thanks for the video reviews, I've watched them for a long time.
I would like to hear feedback, not from a video blogger, but from a real client who uses the soundbar every day.
In other forums, they complain that the rear speakers are noisy, the soundbar freezes and many other minor annoyances.
How would you comment on this?

one should never buy speakers without auditioning the sound  - 

2 hours ago, 001 said:

one should never buy speakers without auditioning the sound  - 

As they write, the defect does not appear immediately and in a chaotic manner. And the defects all go away after disconnecting the power from the soundbar for a couple of minutes, then again an indefinite time passes and all the defects appear one by one.
In the store, no one will give me a soundbar home so that I can listen to it there for more than 2 days, since they are not available and are only brought to order especially for me.
Here the question is, how likely is it that this is a software problem and how will everything be quickly fixed?

I LOVE my Klipsch Cinema 1200.  I got mine for $1499 July pre-order price from Audio Advice and it arrived in early August.

Fantastic audio!  Can't say that enough.  The horn loaded speakers project clear sound throughout my living room, which share open space with dining room, foyer and even kitchen area.  

I keep the sub on "+2", to have a strong presence.  (Keep in mind, the one YouTube review which said the sub was "too powerful" was using pre-release firmware.  That review is outdated, as far as the sub is concerned.)   

I really appreciate the Dialogue Clarity modes.  I keep that on +2 (of 3) because too many directors like to emphasize music or explosions over what the actors are saying at critical plot moments.  You can easily adjust every speaker, including the 4 Dolby Atmos height speakers through the remote control.

The build quality is excellent.  Wooden enclosures and love the choice of sound bar end caps.  Everything is classy.

With 1200 watts, this system has 5.1 surround sound equal or better to my previous 1,000 watt 5.1 Sony system, but with the addition of real Dolby Atmos front and rear speakers (not virtual).  Thus 5.1.4.  

Also has two HDMI inputs besides the HDMI eArc.  This isn't just a soundbar, it's a system which re-creates a theatrical experience.  Soundbars systems like this are becoming the new audio/video receivers -- the junction of various equipment like TVs, gaming consoles, UHD Blu-ray players all connected.

====

The only quibble I have is a few times in the couple months I've owned this Klipsch Cinema 1200, I've had no audio after muting/un-muting related actions.  I will often mute soundbar for several minutes for a phone call or something that needs my attention -- and then when un-muting, the LED display shows volume numbers like there's audio, but there's not.  I have reported this intermittent issue to Klipsch, but putting it here in this public review may get faster action.

Twice I have muted, and actually turned off the TV/soundbar because the other task was taking longer than I thought.  Then when I turned back on the TV, the soundbar LED display showed volume numbers (no longer muted, allegedly).  Which is also strange because I had muted, but not un-muted.  But hitting volume up and down there's still no audio.  When there's no audio like this, then hitting the mute button and un-muting does not fix the issue.  Audio is still gone.

The other 4 times (so far) were just simple muting, then unmuting a few minutes later.  Did not involve turning off the TV while still muted.

However, in all these instances turning offf the soundbar with the remote, turning it back on does not restore audio.  Cycling through HDMI sources does not restore audio.  ONLY actually turning off the electricity (power plug pull) and plugging back in makes the soundbar audio return.  I've now installed a power strip behind the TV with only the soundbar plugged into it, so I can easily turn electrical power off and back on for when this happens.  

I do not want a replacement.  I love my Klipsch Cinema 1200.  I think a simple firmware update could solve this issue.  Something with the muting function is timing out when muted for several minutes and only hard electrical power turn off/restoration brings back audio.

Something is timing out.  I think a firmware update would fix if if they focused on the muting commands.   

Just this morning (10/15/2021) I turned on the TV and soundbar and there was no audio.  This is the first time it's happened without muting being involved.  I turned off the power strip and turned back on.  Audio restored.  Just to make sure, I first turned off the soundbar with the Klipsch remote and turned back on, but that didn't do anything.  Hard power off/on fixes it.

Again, I really love this Klipsch Cinema 1200.  The one intermittent problem can probably be fixed in the next firmware update.

Edited by ChazzMatt
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, karogs said:

I would like to hear an official answer.
Will this be resolved?

You will most likely not get an official answer on the forum. The forum is made up of mostly Klipsch customers and fans. Very few Klipsch employees visit/read the forum.

11 hours ago, dtr20 said:

You will most likely not get an official answer on the forum. The forum is made up of mostly Klipsch customers and fans. Very few Klipsch employees visit/read the forum.

6 hours ago, 001 said:

you can email  

support@klipsch.com

Thanks for the answer.
I know that they do not read the forum, I want to collect more reviews about this product in order to send them a link by email, as my clients do.

If you have problems in this system, write to have statistics, I hope they will not ignore these problems!

4 hours ago, karogs said:

Thanks for the answer.
I know that they do not read the forum,

actually  , Klipsch  Staff do read the posts on the forum   ,klipsch staff run this forum , and they are also forum members -  

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I received my cinema 1200 in the UK this week and had the crackling speaker issues, I updated it to the latest version on the forum which resolved the crackling speakers issue.

TV = Sony A90J connected via Earc (latest software)

Cinema 1200 firmware.
MCU v76 > WIFI 1.0.138.0 > DSP 4.4 > SUR T 80 > SUR R 80 > SUR L 80 > SUB T03 > SUB R06 > HDMI 43

My issues so far. In standard mode on the sound bar.

1) stereo sounds bit muffled (youtube, general TV etc) as it's trying to up convert to all the speakers.

2) earc issue - when I try to revert to TV speakers for watching general TV it constantly keeps reverting back to the sound bar not allowing you to play it via the TV speakers. I only use the sound bar for movies, TV series and possible some music. (hdmi cable is earc compatible)

3) The remote is a bit flaky in response, you have to point it direct to the sound bar and then takes like a second or so to respond.

4) could the Led display the audio codec being used on the sound bar instead of just showing volume level?

5) has there been any further development in the EQ app or even more info on the app when its connected to cinema 1200 eg audio codec, volume level, input, EQ, dialogue mode, surround levels, etc..

Can I recommend you include wall mounts with the sound bar as it is really inconvenient to then go buy your own mount or stand at least provide one option, like other manufacturers.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the Cinema 1200 for about a month now.  Been very busy lately and just recently had a chance to do some serious listening.  Love the system but I do have an issue that needs to be addressed. Connected to an LG C1 83in.  On Dolby Atmos material as well as Dolby 7.1 mixes on 4k discs, I'm getting audio drops outs.  On disc that have audio set up options, if I switch to a 5.1 mix, dropouts go away.  Sometimes there is a lesser mix in a different language choice as well that doesn't have  drop outs either.  I've mostly been streaming the past month and thought the drops outs were bandwidth related even though I have fiber with a gigabit connection.  But it is happening on my Sony 4k ultra hd player and I've noticed that I don't get dropouts on DTS material or Dolby 5.1 mixes, just the Atmos and 7.1 mixes.  Really bad on the Justice League Snyder cut for example and Fellowship of the Ring.  I can't find much on the web about this system so I don't know if this is a widespread issue or not.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot or solve the problem?  

I received klipsch cinema 1200, 1 day ago, updated the firmware, I will not write about the update process itself. If in 3 words. There was everything, and the panel did not start, just a black screen and elements were not stitched, the value 0 appeared. After 2 hours of torment, the soundbar was updated.
1. Disappointment in the central dynamics, the dialogues are quiet, if you put dialogue 3, then the distortion of dialogues with a metallic sound appears, which is simply disgusting. My previous panel just had a great center speaker.
2. After the update, the height dynamics cannot be adjusted, the value always remains at 0.
3. And with loudness it is not clear why it cannot be shifted to the beginning? To hear something, I need to set the volume above 30. I also compare it with the previous soundbar, there is a comfortable volume of 16. And Klipsch has 40.

As for the wheezing from behind, while I have not heard anything, I will be watching.

Edited by karogs