hannibal, something that freaked me out.

seventeenmonkeys

i bought this dvd this week, and i have to say how it is better than silence of the lambs. it also has a DTS soundtrack, which is pretty good.

one thing i noticed, that i didn't notice the first time i saw it in theaters, was the part when the italian cop finds hannibal lecter's picture on the FBI's top ten most wanted list on the internet, as he looks down the list, there is usama bin laden's picture and his name. this totally freaked me out. i don't know why. i never even heard of this guy before you know when, and there he is, two years before in this movie.

----------------

On 12/23/2002 10:59:49 AM j-malotky wrote:

Did you know that we captured him once in 1996. A call was mode to Bill Clinton asking what they should do with him.

The F**Ken idiot told them to let him go.

And YES - This DID happen. The liberal press did not run the story as usual.

JM

----------------

I highly doubt that. Why? Because when Bush went out on a "hunt" for bin Laden after 9/11, Clinton said that when he was President, he tried very hard to capture him but could not.

----------------

On 12/23/2002 10:59:49 AM j-malotky wrote:

Did you know that we captured him once in 1996. A call was mode to Bill Clinton asking what they should do with him.

The F**Ken idiot told them to let him go.

And YES - This DID happen. The liberal press did not run the story as usual.

JM

----------------

Hmmm... did you learn this nugget from Rush Limbaugh (intellectual icon of the Republican Party, a.k.a. Big Fat Idiot), or was it from the ancient lips of Paul Harvey

Good Day!

Hmmm... did you learn this nugget from Rush Limbaugh (intellectual icon of the Republican Party, a.k.a. Big Fat Idiot), or was it from the ancient lips of Paul Harvey

No - This did happen.

I never listened to Rush or Paul, so I do not know if the right wingers took hold of this one... Probably so... but I can not say for sure.

I was told of this firsthand by a close friend who was a Captain in the Navy at the time and was involved with this incident. It was one of the reasons he has resigned his commission.

And to briefly answer the other person. I would believe what a close friend tells me over anything I hear from a politician. Would'nt YOU ???

JM