Nickle coca cola

henry4841

• Moderators
12 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Anyone but myself remember cokes and candy bars for a nickel. Old timer glad to see another year. 

They were a dime each I believe in 1965, my Dad would say "they used to be a nickel and they were this thick" indicating with his thumb and index finger. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, babadono said:

Still get Coca Cola here in glass bottles made with real cane sugar not HFCS. It comes from Mexico. It is different and it is better....now it ain't no $0.05 a bottle.

Yes, we do to, Hecho in Mexico, can sugar, and Dr. Pepper with Imperial Sugar (Green cans/bottles with red stripes)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, babadono said:

Still get Coca Cola here in glass bottles made with real cane sugar not HFCS. It comes from Mexico. It is different and it is better....now it ain't no $0.05 a bottle.

I can get that around here sometimes. And yes it is better and worth the expense on occasion. I don't drink sodas al the time anymore so it's a treat and I like the good stuff. Just like spending extra on good coffee in whole bean. And I do drink that daily.

1 hour ago, geezin' said:

I can get that around here sometimes. And yes it is better and worth the expense on occasion. I don't drink sodas al the time anymore so it's a treat and I like the good stuff. Just like spending extra on good coffee in whole bean. And I do drink that daily.

Buy soda water.  We just drank a can in an iced mug with a squeeze of lemon. No sugar, just carbonated water and lemon.    Better than sodas with all the crap in them, especially the American ones with high fructose corn syrup.   

• Like 2