New car grumps....

Mighty Favog

17 hours ago, Islander said:

A mere Like is woefully insufficient.  That's a very lovely woman.

I'm sure you can see it: she's 1/2 white and 1/2 Vietnamese. Born in the U.S., has a good brain in her head and is very sweet. 

Her mother is a dead ringer looking like Tia Taquila. LOLOL!! 

If anyone is interested, PM me for and interesting tid-bit about her.

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2022 at 10:15 AM, MC39693 said:

@Islander yes, the island isn't Alberta where a 5 hour drive, one way, is nothing.  Our driving is down but this gas price ... hmmm.

I’ve heard that about Alberta.  An old buddy of mine lives in High Level (a small town near the northwest corner of the province, for all you non-Albertans), and thought nothing of driving 800 km/500 miles to take his grown son to see AC/DC play in Edmonton.  Both of them had a great time.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:15 AM, MC39693 said:

@Islander yes, the island isn't Alberta where a 5 hour drive, one way, is nothing.  Our driving is down but this gas price ... hmmm.

On the car advice side, you are right.  Check and insist any deficiencies are corrected before you sign the final paper.  We were left high and dry once with paint chips and a small rip in leather steering wheel on a brand new Honda Accord we did not see until we got it home, my fault.  They said we did both.  Right.  Thanks.  And it was the worst vehicle out of 10 that I have owned.  I will never cross the threshold of a Honda dealership again.  Never, ever again.

About 10-15 years ago, I read in an automotive magazine that due to poor car sales and the resulting poor profits, every car maker had to cut back on quality of both parts and labour.  This included brands that were formerly exemplars of high quality, like Honda and BMW, and you could see it in their products, to the surprise and disappointment of auto writers and auto buyers alike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Islander said:

About 10-15 years ago, I read in an automotive magazine that due to poor car sales and the resulting poor profits, every car maker had to cut back on quality of both parts and labour.  This included brands that were formerly exemplars of high quality, like Honda and BMW, and you could see it in their products, to the surprise and disappointment of auto writers and auto buyers alike.

I can believe that. In the early 90s it happened a lot too. Compare a 93 Nissan pickup to a 94. Outside almost identical. Inside not so much. Ford thunderbird and mercury cougar drastically reduced in quality around then too. 

• Like 1

We had a Pontiac Transport around 1993 which had great seating individual sears and crazy angled windshield never got a chip, but local GM dealer fried  electronics by not grounding it during maintenance. Then a Buick Rendezvous which was a great design but bad execution. Final 1990s was a Yukon Denali, finally a good vehicle ! We were sad to trade it in 12 years later.