How to go best way from XLR to RCA and vice versa.

KT88

7 hours ago, Marvel said:

@KT88 Heinz, I hope you are doing OK. Haven't heard from you in a couple of days. Have your transformers arrived?

Not yet. They are coming from Slovakia and it will take a few more days. When I have less work, I will connect the Lundahls. Before that I have to unscrew the Faital HF200 and screw the TAD 4002 to the K402 horn. So it will still take about two weeks. But I will report back with my impressions of the transformers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for asking @Marvel. Yes I did, but it was a lot of work and I postponed the project a bit. Last yeoche I bought a good condition Quad 606 very cheap. It can drive 4 ohm speaker and it is another requirement for the Jubilee active project. I will get back to you as soon as it works, more likely in late fall. As an alternative to the transformers, I also plan to try XLR to RCA wiring without transformers, both of which I will try. I got an article by a kind forum member that shows all the different wiring, including the one for the Yamaha DSP output op-amps to drive an RCA input amp.

• Like 1

I certainly understand the how everything begins to add up. I've been looking for a way to make a microphone splitter box, so I can feed a multitrack recording setup while musicians still get to get their audio to a PA system. Transformers are about the best way, but I need at least eight. I realized I have an older mixer with transformer balanced inputs, so I will try one wired up and see how it works. Just too many fun things I want to do, and my little Martin keeps calling me to play (which is probably healthier in the long run).

There are, as they say, many ways to skin a cat. I'm sure you'll find a method that works.