getting new saxophone

prodj101

JasN00b,

My first guitar was a Fender Sqier, I then traded it in on a 1990 Gibson Les Paul Studio, Alpine white, gold hardware, 490 pickups, ebony fretboard.

I then started hanging around with some guys that were into bluegrass, I first thought oh God, banjo music, but I soon learned to appreciate how well those guys could pick. Heck, most of them cannot read music, they just play by ear.

Anyone that is into bluegrass knows that you just have to have a Martin guitar. So I convinced the wife to let me buy a 1992 Martin HJ-28 limited edition, only 69 made. It has the herringbone inlay like an old D-28, but on a jumbo body size, tortise shell pickguard, ebony fretboard and bridge, snowflake pearl inlay, etc. That is my pride and joy, you can play a Martin for 40 years and sell it for many times what you paid for it, if you would want to.

Regards,

Greg

It's not the most musical of instruments, and it's range is quite limited, but when played upon by a professional (female, preferably...they know just how to wrap their lips upon its head-piece to produce the right tones), and by gently squeezing the bellow-sacks while fingering the shaft of the skin flute, a deeper, much fuller musical experience can thus be achieved. Tones produced by a well-tempered skin flute can range anywhere from very subtle smacking sounds made from the player's wet lips upon its head-piece, to crescendos of wet, schloshing, sometimes very rapid appeggios of gurggling effects, often accompanied by a climatic tutti (or full organ, as organists often refer to it as...that's true). The climax of the skin flute is always produced by overblowing the instrument.

Much like a tuba or other blown instrument, a large amount of creamy sedement and other vile fluids will build up on the entire skin flute, most notably on top of its head-piece opening and along its shaft. To rid the delicate instrument of this thick sludge, the performer will have to administer a little preventative maintenance service on it by grasping firmly and pulling on both bellow-sacks to drain the skin flute of all discharge.

Washing the skin flute thoroughly between each performance is essencial for the longevity of the instrument to perform at its very best. 9.gif