Am I nuts ?? - Wanting to Refinish these Belles??

Cut-Throat

I have a pair of Light Oak Clear Belle's with the Cane Grills, I can send you a photo this evening to show you what they would look like. Although, yours look very nice as they are, but I think it would be easier to sell yours and purchase another pair with the finish and grill work you desire because the amount of work, effort and material to do what you are contemplating is mind-boggling.3.gif

I've refinished many pairs of lascalas (very easy) and my own k-horn (also easy) but belles are not so simple to take apart and strip. You would really hate yourself if you ended up over your head on this project.

They look great the way they are, very nice shape.

Frzninvt,

Yes thank you! - I would like to see the Picture of your Belles. This may help me make up my mind. E-mail is kdbmeb@aol.com.

I have refinished many things before and to me this looks like an easier and cheaper option than Packing and shipping these beasts! The only material that I'll need should be the refinishing materials and Grill Cloth.

Chris,

It is going to be a workout! - One thing I have going in my favor, is that I am retired at age 51 and have a lot of time on my hands. I have plenty of other systems to listen to and will have the patience to do these right! -- I would like to see a pic of your Belles! I have refinished plenty of furniture, and as HDBR says patience is the key. As long as you are not in a hurry, it is generally a pleasure.

The hard part is tracking down an appropriate Light brown cloth. I don't want cane, as it is too hard to work with.

Here is the finished shot ... The original had a urine stain which bleached the black cloth white. And stunk.

After I was done, I thought the color combo was much more natural than wood/black which actually, in retrospect, seems a tad harsh.

My wife wholeheartedly approves, which is something.

post-4827-13819246074958_thumb.jpg