Newer or Vintage Klipsch Cornwall?

All, I have been researching cornwall speakers (again). I had a set of 1984 Cornwall 1, years ago, but favored the sound of my Chorus II (stock and Crites mod) in side by side comparison.

Recently a set of Cornwall 3 has become available nearby. I understand the changes made by Klipsch as far a the movement of the woofer in the new design. My question is are they similar sonically to the vintage models? Better..worse?? In comparison to a set of Chorus II (stock and Crites mod).

Thanks in advance, keep rockin!

Dan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkmdano said:

I had a set of 1984 Cornwall 1, years ago, but favored the sound of my Chorus II (stock and Crites mod) in side by side comparison.

Recently a set of Cornwall 3 has become available nearby.

Based on your info, I think you should consider the newer and improved Cornwall IV over the III, or find some Chorus II.

• Like 1

@Bkmdano 

The CW III woofer is placed higher up  similar to the Chorus , so bass is more prominent than a CW 1-2-4 .

-the CW 1 -2-4  have the woofer placed lower in the enclosure .

-the HF drivers..... tweeter-midrange of the CW III are  similar drivers  to the Chorus II , with the exception that they use klipsch Titanium diaphragms  , so overall , the CW III should sound even more advanced  than a Chorus II due to more  modern Crossovers  and the sound of Titanium  HF + more bass than a CW 1  .

Thanks for the input. I kept the Chorus II and do love them. When I saw the CW3 come up for sale recently, I started to think if it were a true upgrade or not..or even a lateral move.

It is definitely fun to play around with gear and am glad to find a others that get it too! Thanks, Dan