Klipsch subwoofers 2.0?

Chandz

ok, sorry.  not too familiar with the reference premier stuff & wasnt sure what 2.0 meant.  

unless klipsch uses a newly designed plate amp & other quality upgrades on future subs from the majority of their past subs,  for the money i would look at other brands if you want a ready to run sub out of the box vs DIY... SVS, HSU, rythmic, velodyne etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

ok, sorry.  not too familiar with the reference premier stuff & wasnt sure what 2.0 meant.  

unless klipsch uses a newly designed plate amp & other quality upgrades on future subs from the majority of their past subs,  for the money i would look at other brands if you want a ready to run sub out of the box vs DIY... SVS, HSU, rythmic, velodyne etc. 

I’m currently running dual pb-4000’s with my Cornwall 4’s.  I’d ideally like to sell them and get dual SB-3000’s tho or maybe another brand.   I’m looking for a small sub to match my the fives for outdoor listening mostly.  It’s totally not needed but I thought it would be fun.    Thanks for getting back.  

• Like 1

Check out the Paradigm Seismic 110s.  They're small, not too heavy to pick up, and are powerful, at 850 watts RMS.  Also, they have round tops, so no guests will put a drink on them, and nobody will put a potted plant on them, either.

They also go very deep, to 18 Hz, and have a USB port to allow use of the optional Perfect Bass Kit (PBK), which tailors their response to their position in your room, using a calibrated microphone.  They sound good out of the box, but it's easy to hear the difference once the room corrections are applied. 

On 7/3/2022 at 1:00 PM, Chandz said:

I’m looking for a small sub to match my the fives for outdoor listening mostly.  It’s totally not needed but I thought it would be fun.   

Check out the RSL Speedwoofer 10 I bought one a few months back and it easily outperformed the Klipsch R-112sw I had. They're $450 shipped brand new only like 35lbs great sub lots of reviews out there too. Only down side is they're always on back order took me over a month to get mine but worth the wait IMO.

https://rslspeakers.com/products/speedwoofer-10s-mkii/

Features:

• Now with 400 watts RMS / 1020 watts peak
  • Cast-frame 10” woofer w/ improved thermal capacity
  • New LFE mode offers deeper extension (22Hz!)
  • Music mode matches original 10S w/ improved dynamics
  • New rear-vented Compression Guide™ tuning
  • Wireless ready. Option to add during checkout*

Terms & Conditions:

• Limited quantity available
  • Free shipping within the 48 states!
  • 30 day in-home trial period
  • Limit of 2 Speedwoofers per customer
  • $25 flat-rate return fee from 48 states.

10S-MK2-MAIN-MENU-v2.jpg

• Like 2

Honestly, if you're going to be bringing them outside for use, with that moving around I wouldn't buy a subwoofer meant for inside use. I think you'll beat up the finish. I would seriously consider have car sub boxes built or purchase stock boxes, and mounting plate amps to them. Those auto sub boxes have that cheaper felt carpet cover and I don't think you'll mind the scrapes and scratches as much.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 5:23 PM, Peter P. said:

Honestly, if you're going to be bringing them outside for use, with that moving around I wouldn't buy a subwoofer meant for inside use. I think you'll beat up the finish. I would seriously consider have car sub boxes built or purchase stock boxes, and mounting plate amps to them. Those auto sub boxes have that cheaper felt carpet cover and I don't think you'll mind the scrapes and scratches as much.

That’s a great idea.  I have an old jl audio 8w7 in a slotted box just sitting in my garage.  Maybe I’ll get a plate amp for that.  It’s a 3 ohm speaker I believe tho.  Any recommendations for a plate amp that would drive?   Thanks 

On 7/8/2022 at 9:51 AM, jjptkd said:

Check out the RSL Speedwoofer 10 I bought one a few months back and it easily outperformed the Klipsch R-112sw I had. They're $450 shipped brand new only like 35lbs great sub lots of reviews out there too. Only down side is they're always on back order took me over a month to get mine but worth the wait IMO.

https://rslspeakers.com/products/speedwoofer-10s-mkii/

Features:

• Now with 400 watts RMS / 1020 watts peak
  • Cast-frame 10” woofer w/ improved thermal capacity
  • New LFE mode offers deeper extension (22Hz!)
  • Music mode matches original 10S w/ improved dynamics
  • New rear-vented Compression Guide™ tuning
  • Wireless ready. Option to add during checkout*

Terms & Conditions:

• Limited quantity available
  • Free shipping within the 48 states!
  • 30 day in-home trial period
  • Limit of 2 Speedwoofers per customer
  • $25 flat-rate return fee from 48 states.

10S-MK2-MAIN-MENU-v2.jpg

I’ve been on the waiting list for quite some time.   I’m up In Canada tho so it will be a little more with the shipping and duties 

11 minutes ago, Chandz said:

That’s a great idea.  I have an old jl audio 8w7 in a slotted box just sitting in my garage.  Maybe I’ll get a plate amp for that.  It’s a 3 ohm speaker I believe tho.  Any recommendations for a plate amp that would drive?   Thanks 

I'm not "up" on the car audio world but I do know they sell subwoofer-specific amps (sometimes called mono-amps) which are designed to handle the low impedance of some drivers, as well as the low impedance of parallel subwoofer drivers.

You might be able to find a used amp on craigslist, etal.

Also, since the plate amp will need a DC power source, I suggest an Astron power supply. We use them a lot at work. You don't need variable output, or meters, so just get a basic box with enough current output to match your amp, and don't forget to put a fuse in-line with the power supply output to protect the amp.