Klipsch Kp-3002-c2 sound cuts.

Zobnan

Hello, i have pair of kp-3002-c2 speakers. Sometimes when i volume up, right speaker cuts sound. If i listen low volume, not any problem. When i up and down quickly main volume on mixer, right speaker works well, then i have same issue again. Mixer and amps works well. Is this problem related with crossover circuit in speaker? How can i fix this problem? 

Sounds like an issue with your amp. Swap the amplifier channels and speakers and do the same test again. If the problem follows the speaker, then something's wrong inside the speaker, if it follows the amplifier channels, you have an amp problem

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zobnan said:

Hello, i have pair of kp-3002-c2 speakers. Sometimes when i volume up, right speaker cuts sound. If i listen low volume, not any problem. When i up and down quickly main volume on mixer, right speaker works well, then i have same issue again. Mixer and amps works well. Is this problem related with crossover circuit in speaker? How can i fix this problem? 

Please read this sticky from the top of this section and repost in an appropriate forum section:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/196239-please-read-before-posting-here/

• Like 1

@Zobnanthere are too many variables here ,  we have to isolate the issue.. the problem could be  the amp - the mixer -  the speakers or the speaker wiring .

Amplifier --What kind of amp are you using - brand-model  ? do you have a spare amp , you can try , if the 2nd amp resolves the issue , you have a bad amp.

Mixer -- test the amplifier without the mixer ?  if there are no more issues while the mixer is removed  , you have a defective mixer

Speakers ----test the speakers 1  at a time , on the 2 channels  , swap the speaker wiring around  to see if there is anything wrong with the wiring , if the  speakers fail , there 's an issue with the speakers .

11 hours ago, dtr20 said:

Sounds like an issue with your amp. Swap the amplifier channels and speakers and do the same test again. If the problem follows the speaker, then something's wrong inside the speaker, if it follows the amplifier channels, you have an amp problem

Hi there, i changed channells inputs on amp but same speaker has a problem. Also i tried with different amp. Faced with same problem. 

9 hours ago, RandyH said:

@Zobnanthere are too many variables here ,  we have to isolate the issue.. the problem could be  the amp - the mixer -  the speakers or the speaker wiring .

Amplifier --What kind of amp are you using - brand-model  ? do you have a spare amp , you can try , if the 2nd amp resolves the issue , you have a bad amp.

Mixer -- test the amplifier without the mixer ?  if there are no more issues while the mixer is removed  , you have a defective mixer

Speakers ----test the speakers 1  at a time , on the 2 channels  , swap the speaker wiring around  to see if there is anything wrong with the wiring , if the  speakers fail , there 's an issue with the speakers .

Hi there, thank you for response. 
i have qsc usa 1312 and qsc powerlight 1.8 amps. Tried with both amps. Faced with same issue. Looks like issue related with speaker’s crossover cirquit. But i will check wiring as you recommend. Thank you. 🙏

6 hours ago, Zobnan said:

Hi there, thank you for response. 
i have qsc usa 1312 and qsc powerlight 1.8 amps. Tried with both amps. Faced with same issue. Looks like issue related with speaker’s crossover cirquit. But i will check wiring as you recommend. Thank you. 🙏

yes , it looks like your speakers have worn out capacitors ,  and it's about time to restore the crossovers before damaging gear .

You can reach to the klipsch Authorized crossover repair center  for klipsch original  Parts 

https://jemperformanceaudio.com/       (412) 401-6915     theaudioroom@verizon.net 

if it is a crossover or capacitor issue, you can reach out to the company that has been servicing klipsch crossovers & selling high quality parts for decades... & they can actually test & repair the crossovers for you if needed or sell capacitors & parts to repair them if you can do the work yourself.

https://critesspeakers.com/crossovers.html  

Does the whole signal cut out?

I would check the solder connections on the speaker in question. There aren't many parts on the crossover... you could touch up the solder joints if you feel capable and have a decent iron.

Also, pull a connection at a time from the woofer and compression driver. Carefully removing and reconnecting can remove the oxidation on those connections.

Welcome to the forums! I have drivers and horns from a pair of those. Wish I had the rest.