Patricians on E-bay - Over 15 Grand and reserve is still NOT met!!

Cut-Throat

No, fini, you can't sell the wife, kids AND the Klipsch 400's to quench your Imperial desires! Patrician's just can't make rabbit and polenta like your mother-in-law. Then again, if she really liked the Klipsch licensed bass bin...(hmm, how do you write lol in Italian?) =HornEd

PS: Every Sunday I think of what I could be eating if only I were in your neck of the woods. A special Happy New Year to you and yours... and Nonna.

No, Ed, if I were the buyer, it'd be more than 31,000 dollars I'd have to scare up! Only a vintage Petaluma Arts & Crafts bungalow would do for fini as a Patrician Playhouse! It would be a nice fit, eh?

fini

• 2 weeks later...

Boy, I hadn't realized it until you mentioned it, but the Patricians do have a certain "Arts and Crafts" movement look to them.

Almost makes me wish I'd kept mine ... tremendous bass, but it seemed to get worse as the frequencies went up. I was almost ready to disconnect everything above the woofer and balance a LaScala on top. Of course I would have had a nine foot tall speaker weighing more than 400 pounds, so maybe it's good I didn't.

I could see these things selling for the same price as used K-horns, or even a bit more, but sixteen grand? Gracious! I don't recall them sounding seven times better than real Klipschorns.

PWK used to say even with Klipsch engineers on hand to help out, Electro-Voice could never get their big corner horns quite right...

Of course I would have had a nine foot tall speaker weighing more than 400 pounds.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captn Bob

You have just more or less described the speaker cabinets I am building .... these things are almost 8' tall and will weigh almost what you say....it is a crazy experiment.....

C&S

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!

My monitor and sweatshirt are soaked with saliva3.gif It would be very difficult to place a value on these, especially in that condition. Is there any better find in the world of horns? How about a set of Hartsfields, Klipschorns, and THESE!!! I'll take 'em to go, with extra mayo......

Thanks for the post - I sure enjoyed the drool.

• 2 months later...

Ah.. the patrician. My uncle has a Patrician and a EV stereon 850, which is the top three drivers, without the 30inch woofer/horn. He runs it on a mac 240. He's had both since new in the 60's. Funny thing, he hasn't had it hooked up for 10 years since he went HT in a box... a terrible waste. This is actually what turned me on to klipsch. Maybe this summer I'll have to hook it up for him. He'll be glad to know these go for over 15k. Was this for 2 patricians?

It was for a (supposedly) mint matched pair of Patrician IVs - the ones with the 18" woofers in scaled up Klipschorns. I don't think he made his reserve, but I recall them getting near $20,000. I could be wrong about that.

I'm not sure anything sounds THAT good.

I'd imagine your uncle's, with the 30" woofer and the Stereon, could bring 3-5 kilobucks, easy. A pair, and you're up to 8-10 K. For some reason, the later Patricians - the 600s and 800s - don't seem to have the quite the "panache" in the current market the Pat IVs do.

Interesting, was the sound substantially different between the 30inch and 18inch woofers, seems it would have to be. The 30inch patrician paperwork claims efficient base down to 15 cycles, I don't doubt this, but haven't heard them in years (I'm more interested in getting them hooked back up for him now). Also, I know their extremely efficient, but the statistics he has doesn't show sound pressure level. I'm assuming in the 108 range. Do you have any idea. I've never talked to anyone else whose owned them.