Chorus II (and maybe Forte II) owners - help ID a part

I have both Chorus II and Forte II's apart right now and I am putting them back together.  I have these round foam rings, foam on one side and sticky pad on the other that is with the Chorus II parts and I am almost positive came out of the Chorus IIs.  2 1/4" diameter and seem to fit perfectly inside of the hole in the passives.  Pointing to it with a screwdriver in the first pic.  Front and back in the second pic.

Where do these go?  Are they glued to the center of the passives (inside of the hole in the stamped steel frame? 

Are these even Chorus parts?  They don't look like they go on the back of the woofers and there is no marking.  Are they just junk that was in the speakers?

The back of the Forte woofers has a vent, but the back of the foam pieces does not breath so it looks like they do not go to the Forte woofers (also pretty sure they came out of the Chorus IIs.

IMG_3145.JPG

IMG_3147.JPG

i dont have those in my forte or forte 2 or any of the 3 pairs of chorus 3 i have had.  almost looks like something someone added for some reason, looks like its about the size of the passive center hole where the weight goes but cant see any reason or purpose for it.  is the sticky side sticky or still have a film covering the sticky part?  any signs or residue of where it might have went? you dont recall where it was when you took the other parts out? 

curious to see what others say but i got nothin besides knowing those weren't/aren't in any of my forte/chorus. .  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 001 said:

curious to see what others say but i got nothin besides knowing those weren't/aren't in any of my forte/chorus. .  

Same and I've had several pairs of both over the years. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 001 said:

i dont have those in my forte or forte 2 or any of the 3 pairs of chorus 3 i have had.  almost looks like something someone added for some reason, looks like its about the size of the passive center hole where the weight goes but cant see any reason or purpose for it.  is the sticky side sticky or still have a film covering the sticky part?  any signs or residue of where it might have went? you dont recall where it was when you took the other parts out? 

They were in the bottom of the speakers I think, and one in each so if they were just junk in there, pretty deliberate.  I thought that maybe they are 'extra weight' to add to the passives as they seem to fit perfectly. They really do not weigh much though.