Greeting from The Swamps of Mississippi!

13Hertz

Howdy.  Shawn in Pearl, MS.  Brand spanking newbie.....so happy to have found this forum people.......just wish I had landed on the site many years ago.  Owner of a much loved pair of "R" era Heresy's that I picked up at a garage sale waaaaaayyyyyy back in 1996 I think....$60 dollars for the pair, beat up a bit and the K22s were shredded by kids or a cat, but otherwise original and funtional.  I will never forget hearing them for the first time.....The Police, Zenyatta Mondatta album, vinyl, through a Pioneer solid state amp circa 1980s I think.  Even in their semi-delapidated state, I had never heard such clear and accurate frequency representation and separation.  Of all the audio gear that has come and gone in my life since, I have kept the Heresy's.  

Wanted to say Hello and share my probably pretty typical story with you folks........more to come from me as I am now in the process of restoring them and will want and need advice from experts on this forum.

Thanks.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, 13Hertz said:

Howdy.  Shawn in Pearl, MS.  Brand spanking newbie.....so happy to have found this forum people..

Wanted to say Hello and share my probably pretty typical story with you folks........more to come from me as I am now in the process of restoring them and will want and need advice from experts on this forum.

Thanks.

Welcome aboard! You might want to check your bank account and speaker storage space before spending too much time here this place can have a bad effect on people. Post some pictures of your speakers, gear and listening space if you don't mind sharing we love to see pics here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Welcome aboard! You might want to check your bank account and speaker storage space before spending too much time here this place can have a bad effect on people. Post some pictures of your speakers, gear and listening space if you don't mind sharing we love to see pics here. 

I'm already prone to hoarding.....sugar coated by the term:  "collecting" - so, I was bound to find this site eventually.  : > )

• Like 2