I just broke my rist

m00n

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's obvious that what's wrong with that picture is that the warning and instructions are still in the plastic on the ladder and you never took them off and read them...... 2.gif

Edit: oops, sorry didn't see the second page....guess I was beat to it. Hope your are feeling better Moon.

Yeah, ScooterDog, especially the figures along the bottom that seem to be walking on the ladder the way m00n was... I wonder if he held his arms out for balance like is shows... Yeah, that's it, m00n, you gotta hold the tool in your mouth and hold a parasol in one hand to balance the cast on the other! Get mrs.m00n to take pix!

Seriously, the pinning and screwing should just about be over by now... and we all wish you a speedy recovery and a brother-in-law with the time and skills to finish your HT 12.gif on time. =HornEd

jt1stcav said:

Wish I could tell ya I feel your pain, and then relive a traumatic event to share with you like all your friendly Klipschans have thus far. But I never broke a single bone in my body yet! I have no experiences of shearing pain shooting through any parts of my body that have been brutally mangled by a fall...I did sprain my ankle once falling down a flight of stairs, but that doesn't count.

You know, before that mishap on the ski hill I had about 3 seasons ago, I have never broken a bone in my body either. Even when I finally did, it was only a fairly small hairline fracture that you could barely see in the x-rays - no pins and plates needed there.

I have some pretty darn hard bones in this body. While sparring in the gym one afternoon in college with one of my friends, he kicked me in the shin. It did not hurt me to much, but I think it broke his foot! Granted, it was a Japanese dude about half my size. He started limping around and in that wonderful Japanese accent of his - "Owww, I think you bwoke my fooot!!". I told him that he was the dumbass for kicking me in the shin! So it took quite a wipeout to break my wrist in that skiing accident, and I was moving quite fast - probably fast enough to get a speeding ticket if I was driving on most roads around here. I think I even left a crater in the snow!

Oh, I know all about getting balls into my, shall I say, balls, also. It happened to me once while playing vollyball. Also, I'll never forget that one baseball game I played. The batter managed to hit one right square into the pitcher where it counted. Needless to say, it put that poor pitcher out of the rest of the game (no, I was not the pitcher in that game).

hey all. phew what a day that was. surgery was delayed an 1.5 hours. 4.gif

i get whealed into the surgery room. heh, the were listening to Metallica, was not sure exactly what to think about that.

waking up dizzy sux. i got back to my room and kept throwing up. so fun....

my mother was the one who had to bring me home as my wife had to get pick up the kids from day care. asked mom to stop at a 7-11 to pink up some apple juice and powdered donoughts .they managed to find their way back out to freedom in my driveway14.gif

today i am still dizzy not sure if it's the pain killers or still suffering from the anastegia(sp?). but as i see it, the worst is behind me. the pain was quit strong yesterday, little better today.

anyway thanks all for the support and giggles from you're experiances. 1.gif

Hey, m00n, we are all glad that you survived your pins and needles experience and got on to the juice & powdered doughnuts phase of your rehab. Just out of curiousity, I was a little taken aback by the juice... I thought m00nshine would be your pain killer of choice!

Sounds like you still haven't talked your wife into taking your place while you supervice from a recliner with a favorite libation... and the kids are in the day care center. By the by, why not get a plank and attach a rubber runner to it and lay it across that fancy ladder to provide a better catwalk. We don't want any Forum cats cracking anymore paws on this project.

Kick back and heal. Meanwhile, we shall try to poke good humored fun at your travail. Get well soon, but even if you don't, keep those fun posts acoming! =HornED

Yeah m00n, don't keep from entertaining all of us Klipschans because of your busticated wrist (now looking like an Erector Set)! 6.gif

Keep those humorous post a'coming! I'm still enjoying the "easypic.com" website you posted a while back...I need a week's vacation just to look through that whole site (and give my wrist a break, no pun intended)! 9.gif

----------------

On 1/8/2003 2:33:44 PM DALE WALKER wrote:

Moon i never took offence to what your mrs had to say, matter of fact i was on the computer last night and my mrs was laying beside me on the couch watching some chick flick.

She was crying her eyes out watching her show while i was lol reading your thread. The guys here use a lot of humor just for a reason to respond and say we care. hope everything goes smooth in your surgery.

BTW this is general question area not 2 channel land. us boys down here have much thicker skin, if you know what i mean.

----------------

Here's the wife again. m00n is distracted bathing the baby, so I'm sneaking in here. First, I do feel like an apology is in order. I try to be funny, but it comes out *****y! However, that said, if you are going to point out an error in someone else, I would recommend your own comments be error free.

Yes, I felt his taking pictures of this broken bones just minutes after doing it a little, uh, nerdy! That he had to share it with all of you before even his family. And, yes, I caught him in the office taking pictures when his mother arrived so I could take him to the ER.

Got to go. He is coming back! Talk to ya'll later.

Had my first followup from my surgey yesterday. Much to my suprise he did NOT put me in a new cast. I was expecting him to put me in a full-on fiberglass cast or something like that, but no... He put me in a removable wrist brace!1.gif I was very happy about it.... Here is a pic

post-9291-13819246098508_thumb.jpg

Here is yet another pic of the scars...

Actually, I am typing with my left hand now. Quite good to. If the angle at which I am typing is not just right, it causes a lot of pain...

Anyway, the doc wants me to start exercising my wrist. Not sure why so soon. but he does... .Oh yeah, I also have a copy of the xray they took yesterday. Let me try and get a good pic of it so I can post it. Looks like an erector set in my poor wrist now.2.gif

post-9291-13819246099598_thumb.jpg

You won't be winnin' any beauty contests with that ughly apparatus. Good news is your doctor feels your wrist is mending much better (and maybe faster than expected), so you won't be needing that nasty pea-green fiberglass cast...Good for you, ol' boy! 5.gif

The sooner you mend, the sooner you can get back on that ladder to finish your HT! 2.gif