Woofer sag?

Deang

On 10/12/2022 at 5:06 PM, Tom Bird said:

ok , let's  do this ,  take the woofer you have , move the cone up and down , but at the same time , look at the spider , does the spider stay level or does it drop lower along  with the cone when you move the cone up and down .

ok , let's  do this ,  take the woofer you have , move the cone up and down , but at the same time , look at the spider , does the spider stay level or does it drop lower along  with the cone when you move the cone up and down .

Spider moves up and down along with the cone is not loose whatsoever but is also sagging in same direction as the woofer

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Tom Bird said:

Spider moves up and down along with the cone is not loose whatsoever but is also sagging in same direction as the woofer

Tom ,   based on your picture ,  you have what is called spider sag  , the woofer suspension   is affected after decades of operation , 

rotating the woofer does not  correct the problem , but this method will  work .

here' s video ,  very simple,..... it shows   how to correct the issue ,  maybe not 100% but 80%  should be possible

Tom ,   based on your picture ,  you have what is called spider sag  , the woofer suspension   is affected after decades of operation , 
rotating the woofer does not  correct the problem , but this method will  work .
here' s video ,  very simple,..... it shows   how to correct the issue ,  maybe not 100% but 80%  should be possible

So after watching the video I'm assuming he's stiffening the spider and remolding the rubber by stiffening it in the upper position . Mine is lopsided but I'm assuming if this process works it would fix that as well. The other thing is my woofer has paper edges and not rubber. Would it still work?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk