First Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Black Walnut Mock up!

mobile homeless

6sn7_mock1.jpg

First pic of Jean-Francois' Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Line Stage Mock up just to see black Walnut chassis, top copper plate, and layout. Custom solid aluminum knobs bead blasted. Hand oiled Black Walnut. Burnished copper top plate, then clear coated (or Black Coat). Hand wired with KIWAME resistors. Auricaps (or Jensen Copper Oils for parts cost). Noble Volume Pot. three inputs. Dual outputs: high/low impedance for amp matching. Dual chokes ~ Choke input Power Supply. Fully TUBE rectified with NO SOLID STATE DIODES. IEC for external power cord. Vampire Tiffany RCA. Custom configurations considered.

kh

Line Stage wood du jour are:

Black Walnut Purple Heart Yellow Heart Birdseye Maple

Lacewood Zebrawood (coming soon)

Some woods will cost extra ($50).

Might be able to do a black deck too. He did it before on his pre.

ALSO considering ALUMINUM TOPS PLATE.

Price of stock unit you see above? $975.

Can you beat that? I dont know of anything at the moment

for the parts - chassis - build - and workmanship.

kh

The line stage you see above it actually my work on these pics that Jeff sent:

jeff_mock.jpg

Now you see the work involved in getting an average digital shot from a guy's den to the net! Mos of the time they are either WAY too dark...too light....bad composition....

The dimensions are going to be a bit big for your table compared to the AE-3. IT is a rather serious piece of gear size-wise.

H: 7" (counting transformer) W: 10 1/4" D: 14 1/4"

kh

PS - Just to make it clear on the profit motive:

Money Jean-Francois is making per hour on average in USD: $6.50

Money Mobile Homeless is making per hour: - $60.00

"PIMP" Please !! I surly hope that was just a tounge and cheek remark. I for one have said thank you so many times to kelly i've lost count. As far as i'm aware he's making skwat off all his hard work.

As a relitive " newbie " to the tube world i'd gladly "pay" kelly and craig for all the information they have shared with me. I have no problem with that. In my field of work and expertise i charge for all my services, consultaion or production.

I could'nt even imagine the hours kelly has spent preparing his posts and researching his information , i'm very thankfull he sticks aroud here to help those of us that are presently unable to help ourselves.

That mock up looks very nice and i'm starting to get excited about getting it home, now as the wheels in my sick twisted head start turning. I'm having second thoughts about my dynacos quality compared to jeffs work, I already have a buddy who told me anytime i wish to give up the mark III's he'll take them off my hands.

Now comments like that make me want jeff to build me amps to match. I for one have to take a break from this forum before i end up building a new house to store all this stuff . lol

Dale, interesting comment about the Dynacos ... I think you're on the right track. You will probably find that the Pantheon's finest qualities will need more sensitive, articulate amps to really shine.

I don't know where the Dynacos are, or in what shape, but I would recommend considering SET for your two channel. I've been down the PP road and believe me, there is a WORLD of difference to my ears and musical tastes.

If your buddy is really interested in taking them off your hands, you might seriously consider it before putting any additional funds into them, if at all possible.

CHRIS: My dynaco's are with craig right now getting a complete overhaul.

CRAIG : please do not take any offence to my remark about the dynaco's in respect to the quality of work you are performing on them. I have all the faith in the world about your abilities and passion you have for returning vintage amps to a quility state.

Entering the world of tube amps on a beginner level influnced my purchase of the mark III as they were fairly cheap $550.00 usd. Now that i've read a few books and researched a bit more, time will tell if the push pull design is what i'm seeking in sound and performance. This by the way is always a personal preference.

I may want to venture into the set design but i'll have to wait untill everything is home and played around with for a few months before i can make an educated dissision.

DALE

----------------

On 1/11/2003 12:31:35 PM DALE WALKER wrote:

"PIMP" Please !! I surly hope that was just a tounge and cheek remark. I for one have said thank you so many times to kelly i've lost count. As far as i'm aware he's making skwat off all his hard work.

----------------

yes, "pimp" was meant as a good thing in this context. Sorry if I offended anyone, especially you, Kelly.

Kelly and Craig have both offered more than enough in information that most of us are indebted to them for audio life. In fact they are the ones most responsible for for renewing my tube addiction. (I originally came back to the Klipsch forum for info on home theater a few months ago, then ended up stumbling into here.)

Thanks again guys.

HOFY: I never meant to jump on your throat , i'm also sorry if i offended you.

My comments were brought out more from reading eriks post on klipsch forum functions, not as much from your comments.

I would not have taken the steps i have if it were not for knowing i could send my amps to craig. Who i got to know here on the forum, secondly i would not have purchased the pre - amp from jeff if it were not for kelly. I ran a post asking anyones opinion on a sythesis harmony that my local dealer was selling for about the same price. Kelly convinced me the 6sn7 was a better pre-amp as well as the quality of build my jeff.

See this place has a lot to offer, to those not scared to ask. Ive never been made to feel stupid for asking advise here but have felt uneasy on other non klipsch forum pages.

Dale, no offense taken. I am somewhat strange, (just look at my Duct Tape Mounting System Thread, the longest on this board) so I never know what might be taken the wrong way. I'll keep that stuff on a shorter leash in the future.

Now lets get back to that eye candy Kelly keeps feeding us. 3.gif