Good Price for a used KV-3?

jagangjee

I just replaced my black KV-3 (near mint condition) with an Academy. I've got the original box and manual. I was planning on Ebaying the speaker but if you want it then we could talk. Email me if you're interested.

BTW, I used the KV-3 with my KG-4's for a while and it's a fantastic match.

• 2 months later...

I ended up getting my KV-3 from ebay for $146 shipped. I really lucked out, found a guy who had it on there for a 3 day auction at $189. Received no bids, so I contacted him after the auctions ended and made the transaction.

The guy who responded back to me had one, but it was back in January, not too sure if he still has it or not. I think he put it up for auction. Keep trying on ebay, one usually comes up once a week at a reasonable price.

• 4 weeks later...

Pat,

The deals that you come across...my word!!!

Anyway, I found the NAD T762 for $998 shipped? Should I:

A) jump on it, that's a great deal?

B) wait for the T772 to come out in August, then the price of the T762 will go down?

C) see if Pat can find a better deal for me?

BTW: Where did you pick your us from? Do you know of any other Authorized Dealers?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Do you still think the KV-3 was the best choice? I have been getting mixed input on matching them with KG3.5 fronts and RS-3 surrounds. Some have suggested matching the center with another KG3.5, but I lack the technical ability to convert the speaker to a center. I just bid on a KV-3 for about 142, not sure how high to go or if they are the match I need. Thoughts? Ideas?

The KV-3 would be the best match if you want something "pre-made". The absolute best match would be to build a new enclosure for a lone KG-4. You could put the horn in the middle (horizontally) then place the 8" woofers flanking on the side. AS for the PR you could mount it on top or the best option might be to just ditch it and use ports instead (since both are forms of venting).

• 1 year later...