And the winners are!!! Storyteller contest.

IndyKlipschFan

We have a winner!

Blair Shurtleff of San Luis Obispo, California has been selected by our celebrity panel of judges as the Grand Prize Winner of "The Search for the Klipsch Storyteller Contest." Blair's story wins him a new pair of Klipschorn loudspeakers.

Bob Ankosko, editor of Sound & Vision Magazine described what he liked about Blair's story:

"What a charming story the 'loved, lost, and reborn' angle is great! I especially liked the passage describing how people reacted when Blair's friends fired up the refurbished Belles. 'I swear at that moment 150 souls stopped what they were doing and looked up towards the sky ... the music carried across the water and rose up the hills ... the sound was completely amazing.' "

Congratulations also to our five Honorable Mention Winners:

Kirk Olson of Wahiawa, Hawaii

David Harris of Victorville, California

Andrew Barr of Fort Smith, Arkansas

Anthony Zorn of Miami, Florida

Diamond Dave Bennett of Hazle Green, Wisconsin

Kirk, David, Andrew, Anthony and Diamond Dave have all won new Klipsch Heresy II loudspeakers.

==================================================

WOW, great stories congrats to the winners too!

Hello fellow Klipsch fanatics!

After years of lurking on this board, I've decided to come out of the shadows and post. I figured since I was one of the honorable mentions in the recent Klipsch Storyteller contest, it was the least I could do. I am a member of this great community but, until now, not an active one. I hope to change that (time, hobbies, career, and family permitting...)

Hopefully a few of you have had a chance to read my story and hopefully you feel I earned my prize fairly and squarely. I entered back in May and had quite honestly forgotten all about it until I got an email from Joshua the other day asking me what finish I preferred. "Finish? You mean I won something?" Needless to say I was rather shocked.

I instantly "got" what the intent of the contest was having grown up reading that legendary old Klipsch ad copy in Stereo Review and Audio that told stories of various Klipsch owners and their speakers that refused to die. Fires, floods, earthquakes. I remember them well. I used to think "Man, these have got to be SOME TOUGH SPEAKERS!" So I wrote my own little story with that in mind. Apparently, so did Tony!

So anyways, here I am with a pair of H-IIs on the way and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with them. I'm tempted to use them as rears with my F-IIs but I don't know. My living room is fairly small and the WAF would be pretty low. My SS-1s may remain in place in which case the new additions will be exiled to the bedroom system. Unfortunately, my bedroom gear is even crappier than my living room gear. 15-odd year old JVC integrated (60w?), P.O.S. Sony CD player, Sony Hi-Fi VCR and cassette decks, and a 27" Toshiba. Straight 2ch. I've got some (rather decent) Design Acoustics PS-8c 8" sealed-box two-ways in there right now but they're going to the curb the day my H-IIs arrive. I have a feeling the Heresies will instantly require an upgrade of at least the amp. I used to run my Fortes with a Jolida 802 but I sold it a few years ago and went back to using my trusty old Adcom 555/545 combo. Then the Home Theater bug bit (but that's a whole other story.) I would love to find another inexpensive Jolida to try with these new H-IIs. Anybody know of a better source than eBay?

Take care everybody and I'll be seeing you around.