The Klipsch Sevens...a review

billybob

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 11:13 AM, ODS123 said:

I certainly understand Klipsch giving customers what they want.  And as powered speakers go, these look great.

I'm only saying that if such customers took a closer look, they'd realize that products like "The Sevens" reduce clutter by only 1 speaker cable and 1 box (ie., a DAC & bluetooth equipped receiver or int. amp) - which these days can be quite small and easily tucked inside a cabinet or behind one of the speakers anyway..  

And people need to remember that The Sevens master speaker needs to be situated near an outlet and that spacing of the two speakers is limited by a rather shortish proprietary cable that joins the two speakers.  This makes doorways or windows b/w the speakers a real problem.  

The beauty shots of these products on the website cleverly show NO no cables, but in actual use, there will be visible cables - at minimum, a power cord to one of the speakers, then the tether to the other..

I'm in the market for this product specifically for my personal PC where I'm at 90% of my work & free time. I've been heavily debating whether I want to add something like a RP-600M + Marantz NR1200M or get a set of Sevens or Nines for my PC. I'm particularly concerned about the input lag if I do the receiver route because I play a lot of computer games and audiophiles are quite a bit of a different market compared to competitive gamers which is  very common among the younger generation.

For home theatre, I already run a 7.2.2 setup with a Klipsch Reference Premiere lineup but seeing how little time I actually spend in my living room I'd like to bring that enjoyment to my computer setup where these products seem to match my needs much more. 

On a computer desk, there is very limited real estate so removing a receiver box would be very very valuable.

This is how I was planning in arranging the speaker setup.

image.png

Edited by Jedi2155
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jedi2155 said:

I'm in the market for this product specifically for my personal PC where I'm at 90% of my work & free time. I've been heavily debating whether I want to add something like a RP-600M + Marantz NR1200M or get a set of Sevens or Nines for my PC. I'm particularly concerned about the input lag if I do the receiver route because I play a lot of computer games and audiophiles are quite a bit of a different market compared to competitive gamers which is  very common among the younger generation.

For home theatre, I already run a 7.2.2 setup with a Klipsch Reference Premiere lineup but seeing how little time I actually spend in my living room I'd like to bring that enjoyment to my computer setup where these products seem to match my needs much more. 

On a computer desk, there is very limited real estate so removing a receiver box would be very very valuable.

This is how I was planning in arranging the speaker setup.

image.png

Like your diagram. Welcome !

@Jedi2155

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Jedi2155 said:

In your very cool floor plan layout (you are clearly an over achiever), you are the beneficiary of having to optimal corners.

How far apart will those speakers be?

You are running 3 monitors?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone, I’m new here. 

After much deliberation and some helpful and somewhat authoritative reviews after the date of the last comments in this chat (i.e. Andrew Robinson, John Darko), I ordered a pair of the Sevens which I received two days ago.

The Sevens is a step up from my current Yamaha set-up and subjectively it oozes quality. I am highly impressed with the sound, which is the prime purpose of acquiring these. For someone stepping up their audiophiliac aspirations, the Sevens, paired with the WiiM Pro make a lot of sense to me. Should anyone be interested, I shall try my hand at sharing my hands-on review.

I would appreciate some views from this forum as to my question: 

Does anyone have experience mating the Klipsch 5, 6, 7 or 9’s with a CD Transporter? I have a substantial investment in my CD collection over time  and am looking at getting the Audiolab 7000CDT to play my music through the Toslink.

Thanks,

Dirk

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Dirkonius said:

After much deliberation and some helpful and somewhat authoritative reviews after the date of the last comments in this chat (i.e. Andrew Robinson, John Darko), I ordered a pair of the Sevens which I received two days ago.

The Sevens is a step up from my current Yamaha set-up and subjectively it oozes quality. I am highly impressed with the sound, which is the prime purpose of acquiring these. For someone stepping up their audiophiliac aspirations, the Sevens, paired with the WiiM Pro make a lot of sense to me. Should anyone be interested, I shall try my hand at sharing my hands-on review.

Does anyone have experience mating the Klipsch 5, 6, 7 or 9’s with a CD Transporter? I have a substantial investment in my CD collection over time  and am looking at getting the Audiolab 7000CDT to play my music through the Toslink.

Thanks,

Dirk

I don’t have experience with those, where are you located? We can probably get you the answers. I can split your question off into another thread where it will have more visibility if you like?

Travis

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dirkonius said:

Thanks,

Dirk

A review would be great...

Welcome!

23 minutes ago, Travis In Austin said:

Who would be the person who would know about CD player/transport for 5,6,7 etc. ?

I would thing it would be pretty seedless. Do the have built in DACs with toslink inputs?

Right off, no one I can name but should be seamless.

When OP comes back, we can be more specific.

Thanks!

Edited by billybob

2 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

Who would be the person who would know about CD player/transport for 5,6,7 etc. ?

I would thing it would be pretty seedless. Do the have built in DACs with toslink inputs?

They do have built in DAC(s) with Toslink, or USB type B digital inputs. A separate DAC will be a consideration down the road.

• Like 1

Hi, to better frame my question, I was initially thinking of running the Audilab CD player via Toslink into the WiiM input, and then through the WiiM’s Toslink, stream or play CD through the Sevens using it’s DAC - will this bypass the WiiM’s poor quality DAC, or will it make the music quality worse because the CD music gets processed anyway by the WiiM’s DAC? If the latter, I think I would be better off connecting the Audiolab directly to the Sevens, yes?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dirkonius said:

Hi, to better frame my question, I was initially thinking of running the Audilab CD player via Toslink into the WiiM input, and then through the WiiM’s Toslink, stream or play CD through the Sevens using it’s DAC - will this bypass the WiiM’s poor quality DAC, or will it make the music quality worse because the CD music gets processed anyway by the WiiM’s DAC? If the latter, I think I would be better off connecting the Audiolab directly to the Sevens, yes?

We are all learning about this new product. Think I would agree enough to do and listen.

On 9/11/2023 at 11:04 AM, Dirkonius said:

Let us know your thoughts...

On 9/11/2023 at 5:25 PM, billybob said:

Have you tried the RCA inputs yet?

Direct to cd could sound better for sure...

On 9/11/2023 at 5:25 PM, billybob said:

Have you tried the RCA inputs yet?

Direct to cd could sound better for sure...

Thanks for your comments billybob. I have not yet tried that. I need to try out the Audiolabs 7000CDT first before ordering, so that step first. If I buy this model, I would need to connect it to the Sevens using its DAC, unless a purchase an external DAC and then run RCA cables from it to the Sevens RCA’s, selecting Line input.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dirkonius said:

Thanks for your comments billybob. I have not yet tried that. I need to try out the Audiolabs 7000CDT first before ordering, so that step first. If I buy this model, I would need to connect it to the Sevens using its DAC, unless a purchase an external DAC and then run RCA cables from it to the Sevens RCA’s, selecting Line input.

Yes sounds like you have a grasp of the Sevens now.

Thinking the DAC in the 7s should sound fine. Let us know.