Superbowl Sunday???

NOZ

My God...I'm outta town for a day, and look at all the ribbing I get for being a Bucs fan. But that's okay, I'm used to it, regretably. I know I'm not the only one out here in ForumLand (besides Flason, Lone Palm, skonopa...) who'd also like to see the Bucs "hoisting the Lombardi" (thanks, edwardre), so lets hear from y'all (as us Connecticut Yankees turned Florida Crackers would say)! 1.gif

Oh, and HornEd my friend...this Pirate Bowl (as Craig6519 put it) will be a doozie of a game, I feel it in my salty bones! And after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers swab the deck with the Oakland Raider's blood...

...then it'll be the time for you to switch the Nordic helmet on your Avatar for the helmet of the reining champions of Super Bowl XXXVII, that of

THE TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS!

9.gif9.gif9.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, jt, your getting pretty handy with that text manipulation stuff... and I gotta have a soft spot in my heart for anyone who would be a whole Buc fan through so many two-bit teams... and now, with the NFL's best defense they have an opportunity to stick their collective toe into West Coast waters for the big one. While it is said that defence wins Super Bowls, it is also proven tough for aspiring teams to win in their first attempt. Tampa's losses this year have come from big backs running up the gut to neutralize defensive line speed... but I don't think the Raiders will be doing much of that until after MVP Gannon has run them out of gas by waiting for his third and fourth options to uncover. As a Madden age old guy, I'd like to see the old guys in Silver & Black give all those old Raiders that have been toiling for 19 years between rings, something to cheer about. The salary cap will destroy this team next year... and with the experience Tampa gets from Raider Lesson XXXVII...

Oh Shucks Bucs ought to have clear sailing...

7.gifNEXT YEAR... Go RAIDERS!!! 16.gif =HornEd

Much has been made about the #1 def vs. the #1 off. Considering that a wash, what is Oakland's D ranking as compared to Tampon's O? Remember too that it is not the defense that win's anybowls, but rather the SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY.

Recall as well that the Raider's last Super victory was in............TAMPA BAY.

OAKLAND BY 14

Hmm, edwardre, ya think that two 'ed's are better than one tanked up 1stcav guy? =HornEd

PS: The Number One Pass Defense line wears Silver & Black... and that will have Buc defenders in short pants for sure! LOL Tampa Bay wide receivers are slow enough for more Raider muggings than the Ref's can catch!

Vegas favors Raiders out by four points...

North, East, South, & West!

It's hard to score touchdowns if your Bucstuck in the middle!

That's okay. Yuck it up, laugh at my expense. The odds are no doubt against "Tampon-Bay" as you all call them. That's fine, I can take a joke (I've been laughed at many times before for owning an antiquated horn-speaker by so-called friends who own the latest greatest 8' planars, 10K mini monitors on thousand dollar lead-shot gold-spiked stands, and floorstanding, 1500 watt powered-sub towers).

But know this:

I WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH AT ALL YOU OAKLAND FANS WHEN THE BUCCANEERS SLAUGHTER THE RAIDERS AND LEAVE THEIR BLOODY CORPES SCATTERED THROUGHOUT THE FIELD!!9.gif

Now wait a minute, jt1stcav, we didn't laugh at those wonderful horns on your speakers... we were laughing at the horns on that little imp 11.gif that's got into your red ink pot full of unfulfilled buccaneer promises. Ha, ha, ho, HO, LMAO (I think that's the correct abbreviation for the former Chinese Premier who LAUGHED when he heard the one about the Raiders won the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay... while the Buccineers were eating Kung Po Crow. =HornEd

Rejoice Hava Tampa Pipe Dream Fans...

THIS YEAR YOU GOT THE RAIDERS' COACH & ATROPHY

Next year, you have a shot at the Raiders'

Real Hand-Me-Down Trophy

Sorry to disappoint you Raider fans out there, but the Bucs are gonna beat the Raiders like a Sunday morning woody. Ed say's 14, but it will most likely be by 10. Philly were up by as many points in Vegas as the Raiders are, and still got smoked in the end.

Oh yes Mr HornEd, 2 Ed's are definately better than one. Kind of reminds me of the old saying about the 'whole' being greater than the sum of the parts. In any event, it is assurEDly exponentially better in the very least.

Now, on to addressing of the Buc-snort supporters. First and foremost, like Ed #1 states, we are not in anyway, shape or form 'yucking it up' at your speaker selection(s).......nor even at your staunch team support. Those qualities are to be commended! Any 'tee-heeing' you might have overheard was directed at the alarmingly low odds, and how it would be like taking candy from a baby to exploit those odds. I know it's been darn near 20 years, but true Raider fans know one thing for sure.....when we get there, we finish the job.

I just hope we don't score too much too soon and make it a bore..........

We'll understand if we don't hear from you come Monday.

Well I'll be damned...I get off work today at 5 PM instead of 8, so now I'll be just getting home right after kick-off! Now I'll be able to witness first hand the utter defeat of Oakland when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers win big, big, big!

I'm sorry for sounding corny by root, root, rooting for my team, but it's almost 6 in the AM, I'm still groggy, and I gotta get ready for work. It's the best I can do at such short notice!

And to all the "Ed's" out there, don't take your frustrations out on your poor wide screen TV's by throwing beer bottles at it due to the Raiders' horrible playing...you'll appreciate that tid-bit of info after you all have sobered up in the morning (although the bitter taste of defeat and burping up last nights beer will still linger in your dry, hung-over mouths!)14.gif

I have not been able to watch the superbowl today cause I am busy, but I caught about 1 minute of play in the second qtr... I am not holding out much hope for the Raiders after what I saw... Thier receivers missed two perfectly thrown passes....11.gif

This reply is to all of you. Don't you have anything better to do after watching football for the last 7 hours? I won't embarrass my significant other by revealing my identity, but I have to say I'm disgusted at how much time is wasted on these forums discussing inane subjects such as football and home theater equipment. I have to go now, because I have some work to do. I'll pop in from time to time to add my two cents!

crankygirl...I've been ribbed and picked on for being a Tampa Bay fan, and now is my time to gloat! I'm surprised I can even write after all the Buds I've thrown down with my friends here, but I have to post after the game to let all the Raiders fans know that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are Number 1!