Sealing Sandstone around a pool - any pool contractors here?

tigerwoodKhorns

I need to seal sandstone around a pool.  Great choice of material next to water, in know...

What do you guys use?  Really harsh sun and water exposure.  The stone is flaking so I need to do this.  I scraped it all down and it is ready to be sealed while it is still cool out. 

I have about 75 linear feet about one foot wide. 

I found Miracle Sealants 511 Porous Plus Sealant.  Is this stuff good or is there something better to use here? 

https://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Sealants-Porous-Sealer-Quart/dp/B095279FJ9

You really need to get advice from someone local that knows sandstone. Your location (weather, temp, sun exposure, material) dictates what's the best product to use. I recently moved 1200 miles, and the sealers I used back there don't work as well in the high heat of south Texas. I have used Butterfield products here that have held up well so far, especially their Clear Guard Pro 350. It's a high gloss sealer. It looks wet but won't add any slickness. If you're worried about traction, you can add some Sharksgrip anti-slip additive. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

I know this sounds kind of dumb but I sometimes check the "This Old House" website for info on the latest stuff.

JJK

They have good stuff on there.  I am checking an Audio forum. 

I am also a knucklehead.  I checked in my garage and found a gallon of sealer.  So I guess I don't need to buy any...

• Like 1