Touching Up the Tops of my KG4's Help?

I was able to pick up a pair of Klipsch KG4's the other days, 1984 vintage and wondered if I can sand down the tops that have some water damage to them or if the 

finish is too thin to bother with? Also any hints on a matching stain would also be very helpful!

Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

5796EA96-E3C2-4DFA-B501-187D5E18DD6D.jpeg

F5FB348A-8707-4387-A3DC-F1084D5D4149.jpeg

Edited by postman56
Added Photos

In a small bowl, mix a little oil (sunflower oil or olive oil) with a pinch of salt until you get a creamy mixture. This mixture is then rubbed into the wet spot until the discoloration is no longer visible. Then treat the surfaces with a colorless wood polish , then you can also polish up the whole wood veneers from both speaker cabinets .

4 minutes ago, postman56 said:

Thank you very 

much for the cooking lesson:)

So just a pitch of salt, how will that make up a creamy paste, any I missing something here ?

the salt ( a small spoon ) shall be mixed with sun or olive oil as I said before 🙂  whip up both with a fork till you´ve got a kind of cream

4 hours ago, postman56 said:

I was able to pick up a pair of Klipsch KG4's the other days, 1984 vintage and wondered if I can sand down the tops that have some water damage to them or if the 

finish is too thin to bother with? Also any hints on a matching stain would also be very helpful!

Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

there is a product called   TRADE SECRET sold on Amazon ,   the 1st product will restore the finish  of the tops  to 80-90% without any sanding   , you can wipe the rest of the speaker to match the finish of the tops .-the 2nd product will remove the white rings  , 

https://www.tradesecret.ca/?page_id=160

https://www.tradesecret.ca/?page_id=789