Replacement K-76 Diaphragms

2 minutes ago, OO1 said:

here you go :

https://repairparts.ca/127123-k-792103-ti-diaphragm-kit  

For the klipsch  capacitors  I dont have the part numbers  ,  Please  send an PM to @Chief bonehead  he'll tell you if the part numbers he authorized  for sale in the USA can be ordered  in Canada .

Well I wish I would have held off and just grabbed these in the first place. Oh well, maybe I will still order them and keep them on hand.

8 minutes ago, Jdiesel87 said:

Well I wish I would have held off and just grabbed these in the first place. Oh well, maybe I will still order them and keep them on hand.

I wouldn’t waste the $85 bucks..  You won’t notice any difference

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Placement sounds about spot on with my experiences any closer to the corners and bass gets stronger but the soundstage seems to collapse Tweeters should make quite a bit of a difference but these speakers are high sensitivity so good source will result in good sound not sure what gear you're running but that can make a huge difference if playing digital files or streaming I'd recommend something with a newer / good DAC or decent stand alone DAC.

My gear for this setup is pretty modest, just a Yamaha A-S501 and the internal DAC. I'm pretty limited on what I can do with gear here and if any more starts appearing in the living room I'll be in big trouble. I might try temporarily relocating some gear from my Acoustat setup in the basement where I have a NAD preamp and a beefy Harmon Kardon Citation Poweramp.  

I may grab a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC for the up upstairs setup but more likely I will eventually upgrade the Yamaha to an A-S1100 or A-S1200.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Guess you did place an order with Gentech or another? Last read you were waiting on a reply from them.

@Jdiesel87

I haven't heard back. But I may purchase the diaphragms from the link @001 posted. With the USD to CAD exchange rate plus shipping, I suspect it is an equivalent price or even cheaper for us Canadians. Given the options, why wouldn't one go with the genuine part.

35 minutes ago, Jdiesel87 said:

I haven't heard back. But I may purchase the diaphragms from the link @001 posted. With the USD to CAD exchange rate plus shipping, I suspect it is an equivalent price or even cheaper for us Canadians. Given the options, why wouldn't one go with the genuine part.

Cool...as long as you can get them... thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the new diaphragms installed today and they filled in what was previously missing. Obviously the highs that were completely missing before have been restored but maybe not so obvious, the midrange seems much less muffled or veiled now. 

I didn't replace the caps and I will hold off for the time being. Not sure that they really need to be changed out but if I do have some free time I might start by replacing one speaker and doing a comparison. 

• Like 2

One more update for anyone who might stumble across this in the future. I decided to not replace the crossover caps. I am happy with the sound and I don't think they would offer a sizable "improvement" in my situation.

What I did notice in my inspection and disassembly was that the drivers benefited from some tightening of the screws. One passive radiator in particular was quite loose and I suspect was not sealing properly. Probably not an issue with the ported models but with the passive radiator models a good seal is much more important. Bass seems a little punchier now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jdiesel87 said:

What I did notice in my inspection and disassembly was that the drivers benefited from some tightening of the screws.  

the cabinets are MDF    woofers can benefit from T-nuts .