Center channel speaker

badboyspack

So a week ago I got the Klipsch Cinema 1200 sound bar system. I'm not really overly impressed with the system that is in my bedroom, however it does bring the rear channels alive more than my main system does IMO. Here is my main question, I have 2 RB75's and the RSW15 in my bedroom now. I also have a pair of RS7's that I'm not using. With the 5 of those and a center channel speaker would make a better surround system for the bedroom. What do you all think would make the best center channel speaker for the setup? I can't find a RC7 that isn't all beat to hell for the life of me. I was thinking on getting either a RC3 or RC3 II center channel.

I'd love to find a RC7 for the bedroom setup or if anyone in here has one for sale or can find me one would be great. 

What are your thoughts on getting either the RC3 or the RC II for the bedroom system? My thoughts are getting the RC II and I found one for sale and it's in excellent condition. All of the speakers would be hooked up to my older Onkyo TX SR701.

I await your thoughts...............

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Your RB75s are exceptional speakers, I think you need a better center speaker, like an RC62ll or better. 

Don't care for the Cinema 1200? Can you return it?

Looking that the specs on the RC62II, the woofers are the same size as the RC3 and so is the tweeter. The RC3II seems to be the same as well with a little more power handling than either of the 2. The RC3 and the RC3II both match my RB75's and RS7's with looks and such. I just wish I could find a black RC7 that wasn't beat up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Your RB75s are exceptional speakers, I think you need a better center speaker, like an RC62ll or better. 

Don't care for the Cinema 1200? Can you return it?

Sorry, yes I am still under the 90 days to return it. I just expected more out of the Cinema 1200. I do hear a lot more sound from the rear speakers over my living room setup. All I really need is a center channel and I could have a decent setup in my bedroom and save my self about $650, just by buying a center channel. I guess I expected more out of it. The signal processing is really good in it though. I don't hear as much coming from my RB75's in my living room setup. I use a pair of RB75's as my rears in my living room setup.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, badboyspack said:

I think it would be better than the RC3, since I can't find a decent RC7 around.

Would not be leary of trying the 3 version 2 if price right. That way could unload it in the future. The 7 are awesome yet, the 3 is nothing to sneeze at.

8 minutes ago, billybob said:

Would not be leary of trying the 3 version 2 if price right. That way could unload it in the future. The 7 are awesome yet, the 3 is nothing to sneeze at.

What would you say is a good price? I found a few RC7's but they were beat up pretty bad. Meaning dented woofers, missing grills and scratched to hell.

Just now, badboyspack said:

What would you say is a good price? I found a few RC7's but they were beat up pretty bad. Meaning dented woofers, missing grills and scratched to hell.

Actually, saw  a decent pair for around 250, 3 just abit back.

A deal though so, not a bargain over 4+, if helps. Also see the RC-62 at nice price  at times.

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

Actually, saw  a decent pair for around 250, 3 just abit back.

A deal though so, not a bargain over 4+, if helps. Also see the RC-62 at nice price  at times.

Would you say a RC3 II for $200 is a good deal? It's in excellent shape too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badboyspack said:

Why would you suggest a RC62 over the RC3II?

Likely because another member here suggested one.

The woofers are not as likely to dent/crease. The woofers are more akin to the 62s you mentioned pairing with. Although, the RC-3 II at reasonable volume should be alright. Just an earlier speaker than the RC-62, which would be fine also.

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Likely because another member here suggested one.

The woofers are not as likely to dent/crease. The woofers are more akin to the 62s you mentioned pairing with. Although, the RC-3 II at reasonable volume should be alright. Just an earlier speaker than the RC-62, which would be fine also.

I see the RC3II and RC3 are a sealed cabinet vs the RC62 is a ported one. For the most part, that's all I see being the major difference between the 2

• Like 1

4 hours ago, badboyspack said:

Here is my main question, I have 2 RB75's and the RSW15 in my bedroom now. I also have a pair of RS7's that I'm not using. With the 5 of those and a center channel speaker would make a better surround system for the bedroom. What do you all think would make the best center channel speaker for the setup? I can't find a RC7 that isn't all beat to hell for the life of me. I was thinking on getting either a RC3 or RC3 II .............

Ha! Don't settle for an RC-3 between RB-75s...Been there, done that, it's not worth it. Fwiw, we had RB-75s/ RC-7 with RS-3s in the bedroom and it was too intense and my wife said it was too much! Seriously, it contends with major HT Systems. I am fond of the RC-3 between RF-3s, but the tonal match isn't comparable with the larger speakers/compression drivers of the RF-7/RB-75s. Yes it could work satisfactorily but it isn't the same...

• Like 3