Sold: Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi THX 7.1 Receiver

Iteachstem

Hello all,

Up for your consideration is a nice condition Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi 7.1 channel receiver. 140wattsx7.  HDMI.  Oldie but a powerhouse!  Demo at time of purchase.  Remote included

Local pick up Asking $100 for members.  Will be listed locally at a higher price.

Location 60511 Western Burbs of Chicago

IMG_8673.jpg

IMG_8674.jpg

IMG_8675.jpg

• Iteachstem changed the title to FS: Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi THX 7.1 Receiver
4 minutes ago, Southern said:

What are you replacing your Pioneer with?

Nothing.  Just downsizing.... growing family.  ...and groceries aren't getting any cheaper!!!

I have a pioneer VSX-56TXi I'm keeping for my 2.2 system... and the remote works perfectly.  So that's why the 74 is for sale.

I use one of these for a 6.2 (HIP, HWO, RB-61II, R12SW) setup in my game room. Never let me down!

The VSX27tx I picked up, however was total garbage. A heat problem with the speaker on relays on the DSP board made it unusable. No replacement/redesigned parts were available. To the trash it went.

Also have a VSX49txi and that thing is an all out brute !! Especially in bi-amp mode going to my KLF20's.

• Like 1

• Iteachstem changed the title to No Longer Selling: Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi THX 7.1 Receiver
4 minutes ago, Iteachstem said:

This is no longer for sale as I think it has an issue.  When I did the demo for a local buyer, one of the surround side and both back channels didn't work.  Grr.  Any suggestions?

Did you go into the on screen menu and tell it to turn those channels on?

It has the 5.1 surround channels on.... one surround left channel works and the surround right doesn't. I tried in in 7.1 channel mode and the surround back channels work as well. I'm guessing that means it an amp issue

• Iteachstem changed the title to FS: Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi THX 7.1 Receiver
4 minutes ago, Iteachstem said:

It has the 5.1 surround channels on.... one surround left channel works and the surround right doesn't. I tried in in 7.1 channel mode and the surround back channels work as well. I'm guessing that means it an amp issue

O.K., did you go through the on screen setting and make sure the speaker levels are up high enough?

Or even try it in 7-channel stereo in stead of 5.1.

• Iteachstem changed the title to Sold: Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi THX 7.1 Receiver