WTB: Single La Scala

Peacemaker

• 1 month later...

If you're willing to use a Belle Klipsch instead, there is a single one on US Audio Mart for a good price: https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649995177-klipsch-belle-single-speakerlike-newthe-last-one-ever-made-by-klipschpick-up-only/.  The problem is that the listing is pickup only on the other side of the country.  Perhaps you could work with the seller to arrange packing and pallet shipping.

15 minutes ago, Peacemaker said:

Thanks for the link! Would the Belle work as well as a La Scala in the center position as far as timbre matching?

As long as it's a similar vintage to the La Scala, I think it would match well.  What version/year of La Scala do you own?

2 hours ago, Peacemaker said:

Don’t have a La Scala. This would be the center between my 1985 walnut oil Khorns.  

I imagine the Belle Klipsch would be fine with that vintage of Khorns as well, considering that Paul Klipsch created the Belle Klipsch to be a more cosmetically acceptable alternative to a La Scala center in his house.  This was done to make his first wife Belle happy, after whom the speaker is named.  🙂 

• Like 1

H.T. is in the main living space and looks will matter, unfortunately.  Ideally, I'd locate a La Scala (or a pair) that needs some cosmetic and/or other work and priced accordingly. I could re-veneer or paint them as well as fix any issues with operation. I did have one lined up at the end of last year but that fell through after waiting a few months. 

@PrestonTom Thank you for your reply. Good news! This weekend I saw a FB ad for a "vintage stereo package" that included a set of La Scalas located a mere 45 minutes from me in Virginia Beach and reasonably priced. Reached out and now they're in my garage! They'll need a little cosmetic work but they work great for now.  I'll post some info and pics in the larger forum.  

• Like 5