I'm selling a pair of Klipschorns

Hilltop

I have a pair of Walnut Klipschorns for sale.The type is KCWR and the serial numbers are 3J689 and 3J690. They have type AA crossovers, K-77 tweeters, K-55 horns, and K-43 industrial woofers. These were installed in a professional recording studio in Nashville that I bought. We removed them to install a smaller pair of UREI monitors. They work great, but the top of the horn cabinet is scratched and scuffed and will need to be refinished. The bass cabinet has only minor scuffs. Also the bottom speaker grilles that cover the sides of the bass cabinet are missing. Apparently they were discarded when the speakers were installed at the studio. These should be able to be made easily and inexpensively. I am asking $1500.00 for the pair. Please e-mail me at hilltoprec@aol.com if interested.

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You go m00n... beat the predictions!

Get him to make it $1,500 delivered. He can box 'em up and send them BAX Global to your home address for under $300. Just have but a business name above your home address like m00n Heritage Theaters, Ltd. and they can be there in three, count 'em, three days by air freight. I have received over $20k worth of Klipsch speakers by BAX Global without incident. I can't say that for any other carrier... particularly UPS! Yeah, m00n, you'll get "kissus" from the "missus" on this one! =HornEd 3.gif

Jim, and thats the key point... I am not sure that my layout is really setup for it... I don't want them for my theater, but rather my house. And the living room was designed by a 3rd grader I think sometimes. Gawd damn it...

However, I do want to remodel our house which would open up many possibilities. But when it comes to the remodel, the WAF is rather low to non existant. What a bunch of shiznit

m00n, since this cat's out of the bag, I thought I would let you know that Hilltop Recording of Nashville has a web site. They specialize in Religious and Gospel music. Maybe there is a Forum member that can check them out for you... seems to me there have been several members from the Nashville area. Obviously, the price is not quite as good if you have to replace parts. =HornEd

PS: I use my Khorns & Belle separate from my HT as well. Gee, now I can say I was there to see the Heritage m00nrise!

PPS: Since you are dealing with professional recording folks, they should be able to let you know if these K-horns are intact and warrant them as fully functional.

Horn... Yeah, I dunno... It's a hard decision. I really am impressed and happy with my reference theater. As I was saying above, If I bought the khorns they would be for the house, not the theater, but again, my living room was not built for KHorns speakers.. Somehow I just don't think the designer of this house was too worried about khorns 2.gif

Some belles on the other hand... I have room for those.

Ah, yes, Belles are nice and they have a higher WAF rating too! I asked Andy (HDBRbuilder) to take a look at this thread and give an opinion. It might be interesting. But, take your time... you either have to find another house or fit in what works. Now about building bay windows in the corner... and sheetrocking them over to hold Klipschorns... 3.gif Beware, friend m00n, Heritage Fever can get even a guy like Jim Cornell who worked them into a mobile home. Take care... and give that good wife a hug for us. She seems like an HT keeper to me! =HornEd

BS: Just think, you will be the only guy on your block who can play Foggy Bottom on Hiltop Speakers!

Actually, if you look closely, I didn't type P.S. 2.gif

Yea Moon, when i brought home Klipschorns, i was down to a choice what to keep, and what to sell!

Wasnt too fun, But ill tell you 1 thing, i have 3 times the sound than any 4 speakers ive owned!

Chorus, cornwalls, KG 5.5s.

With the cornwalls, all 4 made the bass with one set of k-horns even! I think so! if not more!

This wouldnt be such a hard choice, if you werent into theater, i understand the room issues!

Now belles would be nice, i myself would force some in somehow LOL!

If i had money to blow, im done buying.

Finally!

If you do by chance, get belles, or heritage, i would recomend tubes for them, 2 channel.

Take care bud

Regards Jim

1.gif

----------------

On 1/23/2003 10:57:03 PM m00n wrote:

I hear a lot of people suggest tube amps, what is it about them that make them so compatible with the heritage?

Who makes tube amps these days? Anyone? Or do you have to find an old used one or build one yourself?

----------------

Moon it's time for you to rise up and spend some time in 2 channel land. All your questions will be answered with no two replies the same, watch your pocket book those boy's up there would love to tell you how to relieve yourself of some cash . lol

I'm currently waiting for my tube mono blocks and tube pre-amp to arrive home, beleive me there twice the cash as the k-horns your looking at. This hobby has a way of sneeking up on your pocket book .3.gif

----------------

On 1/23/2003 11:38:06 PM Jim Cornell wrote:

Also you wouldnt need more than 10 watts of tube power!

Regards Jim

----------------

Are you kidding me? Is that because they are Klipsch and efficient? Or becuase there is something about a tube amp physics?

Wow Moon, you are blowing my prediction way too early.... Good for you.

It is because the Khorns are so efficient the first few watts are all that matter. Get the cleanest first watt to make Khorns sing.

Honestly Moon, with the width of your HT being like 10 feet wide, Khorns will be too close together to fully enjoy. If my room was that narrow I would look at LAS, or Belles over Khorns.

JM