Help support a 24 hr Jazz station.

jazman

To all Jazz listeners and future Jazz fans,

There is a small public radio station in the SF Bay area, located in the small city of San Mateo that broadcast Jazz music 24 hrs a day. Yes, all Jazz programming 24 hours a day. They have to conduct fund drives every quarter to keep the station financially sound and on the airwaves. The best part is you too can listen, no matter where you are in the world, by tuning in to it over the world wide web. Go to www.kcsm.org and click on the listen heading.

Their pledge drives runs through this evening and they can be reached via and an 800 number. 1-800-527-6911. This station is a great way to learn about and listen to classic Jazz LP's to add to your purchase and play list. I would like to encourage all Klipsch Jazz fans to support their efforts. A basic membership is only $35.00.

Klipsch out.

Jazman,

Already a member of KKJZ (used to be KLON) down here in Los Angeles. It's really tough for independent, listener sponsored radio these days. I was born and raised in the Bay Area and remember KCSM from way back. Unfortunately, I didn't listen to much jazz back then. Big mistake.

As far as Internet radio is concerned, the only web-based monthly subscription I pay for (outside of my ISP) is $5.00 per month to listen to KPIG from up your way. IMHO, KPIG is the best radio station anywhere. Do you ever listen? If not give it a try. One of the few true independent stations left. Not to mention I read somewhere (either WSJ, USNWR, or something similar) that KPIG was the number one listened to radio station on the entire web before they and others were more or less forced to charge.

Regards,

Chris

Regards,

Chris

There is no fee to subscribe to the station. Anyone can listen to it for free, all day, all year. The memberships are a way to help provide funding for the station. Other than some membership perks for events, the memberships show support for the program content as well as funds. Jazz radio programming is becoming harder to find nationwide. The little blues programming is there because Jazz has it's roots in the blues as well as gospel music. There is also some great Latin Jazz programming. Many of the DJ's also provide a lot of information on artist's personal history, Jazz history. At present, a lot of time is being devoted to soliciting membership pledges, but on a daily basis, the jazz music is more than worth while listening to at KCSM-FM. Even if you don't send in a membership, enjoy the music, and maybe you'll contribute net fund drive.

Klipsch out.

PS.I could provide better information but I'm a little foggy in the head, I need sleep.