Even PWK would have been impressed.....

ClaudeJ1

His famous phrase: "What the world needs is a good 5 Watt amplifier." Was reached in the new millenium when I had my $25 Sonic Impact T-Amps tested at 6W per channel at Klipsch HQ in Indianapolis. The engineer verified this with their gear. I'm sure Paul would have been as impressed as all the Magazine reviewers at 6 moons, where they questioned the value of their $10,000 Tube Amps as a result of this little plastic wonder that will also run on 8 AA batteries. I sold my second pair of Khorns with it hooked up to a Sony CD Walkman in 2007!!

Paul Klipsch wrote that was impressed with 0.1 % distortion and 90 db SINAD with his BGW and 1/2 (mono Center) Crown Solid State State Stereo amplifiers.  In 1985, I heard them myself, featuring his Master Tapes on a Revox done with just 2 spaced Omni Microphones.

Speaking for all the modern amplifiers tested on Audio Science Review, the best of which, are coming in at 30 db better than Paul's SS days, (that's 1,000 times better). So now the target has gone from 90 to 120-130 db SINAD on all modern electronics that are 50-400 Watts per channel, making Big Horns and Small Amplifiers a better way to go. On the 400 Watt units, some are even including 4 different Gain settings, of which, about 12 db of gain is all that's needed for horns of 104-112 db Sensitivity!

23 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

My Opinion

I find all of these low watt Amplifier story's as not pertinent to my listening habit It takes reserve power ..

Not 6 watts for a kick Drum at decent listening levels Continue to delude your selves. ,🙃

Well maybe the 1600 watt monoblock is more your fancy! It is also Tripath!😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

My Opinion

I find all of these low watt Amplifier story's as not pertinent to my listening habit It takes reserve power ..

Not 6 watts for a kick Drum at decent listening levels Continue to delude your selves. ,🙃

Well that depends. Why don't you share what speakers you have that can't be driven by 6 watts? I assure you the right speaker with the right 6 watt amp will show you an impressive rendition of a kick drum.

• Like 2